Posted on :
19 Jul, 2016
19 Jul, 2016
MTN Nigeria is the largest member of the MTN group, a South African company with many subsidiaries spread across the world (21 countries in Africa and the Middle East). In Nigeria, the company just marked 10 years of operations (August 2011) and has expressed appreciation to all and for good reason too. With all the billions of dollars it has made as profit over the last 10 years it’s the least they can do. The company’s vision is to be the country’s leading provider of telecommunications services while their mission is to provide 1st class network quality, customer service and value.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Trade Marketing Officer (PH)
Location: Port Harcourt
• To manage and develop the channels of distribution especially retailers to ensure MTN dominance at retail within assigned territory
• Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
• Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
• Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
• Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
• Manage stock in channel and provide appropriate reports by directing outlets with stock challenges to identified Trade Partners to ensure there is no stock out within assigned territories
• Manage stock in channel and obtain/ record info on stocking from ALL visited outlets in territory (where from, when, price, where to & why still pending >30days) and report weekly / monthly.
• Increase sales of VTU uptake /adoption and product penetration in developing markets through aggressive market activations especially on specific market days
• Ensure call cycle time of 20 visit a day per territory or as business requires
• Ensure weekly / monthly database update
• Ensure MTN product availability in channel is >95% at all times and provide weekly product availability report of all visited outlets during call cycles
• Ensure information from Distributor Account Executive on Trade Partners product distribution is confirmed and relevant Sub Dealers followed up and provide weekly / monthly report
• Resolve all issues/queries with regards to activations, products and promotions
• Provide Informal training in shops on products, services and promotions being run by marketing, channel or region and on the spot training/coaching of all visited outlets in territory (100% of all visited outlets in call cycle)
• Identify new retail opportunities in developing markets, motivate for network coverage where necessary
• Provide weekly/monthly sales activity report, market intelligence report and initial report to Field Service Engineers on state of network in territory
• Manage Brand Visibility within the rural space while supporting all identified outlets with 100% merchandizing/POS as appropriate.
• Manage and deepen penetration into HORECA (Hotels, Restaurants, Cafes) outlets
• Focus on management of DYA retail agents while the TMCs manage the Super agents
• Direct all channel participants to MTN identified growth area within your territory
• Establish consistent channel standards including branding as per channel recommendation.
• Increase brand awareness – Signage, POS distribution and target 65% visibility in the channel of distribution (Trade marketing team will measure)
• Support all identified outlets with 100% merchandizing as appropriate and defined
• Manage stock in channel and provide appropriate reports as follows:
o Advice RSMs if there is need for focussed activity in territory to help move stock – As appropriate
o Provide training on site to Increase product knowledge
o Ensure MTN product availability in channel is >95% at all times and provide weekly product availability report of all visited outlets during call cycles
o Follow up with product availability at Trade partners’ Point of presence and provide weekly / monthly report
o Ensure all visited outlets give info on where, when, price etc of products and provide weekly report
o Query all products in channel older than 30 days from date of purchase and make report to the business on all such stock weekly
o Target 65% space within each outlet (Trade marketing team will measure)
o Support all identified outlets with 100% merchandizing as appropriate and defined.
o Ensure 100% POS Distribution to all channels of distribution within 14 days of release
o Ensure 100% replacement of expired, damaged or obsolete materials within territory and 100% removal of obsolete materials and messages
o Obtain info on stocking from ALL visited outlets in territory (where from, when, price, where to & why still pending >30days) – Record and report weekly / monthly.
o Ensure collaboration between sub subs, retailers etc to TPs and help nurture the relationship and increase RRP
o Confirm that sub dealers and dealer branches are contacted and stock receipt / movement verified – Produce weekly report
o Ensure areas in your territory without adequate TP point of presence is filled by encouraging TP to open up points
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Open plan office
Experience & Training
• First degree in any relevant discipline
• Fluent in English
• 0-2 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
• Experience working in a small to medium organization
• On the job training and exposure
• Industry conferences
• Basic GSM
• Basic Telecommunication Fundamentals
• Merchandising Training
• In-depth Handset training
• Customer care
• Coaching for results
BA, BArch, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech, HND or LLB
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st July 2016