MultiChoice Group is a leading entertainment company and we’re home to some of the most recognised brands on the continent. Our entertainment platforms – DStv, GOtv, Showmax and DStv Now – are a hub for more than 19 million people across 50 co. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time · Associate
About the Job:
- The ideal candidate is responsible for managing payments of all creditors in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
Planning & Budgeting:
- Complete and accurate intercompany transactions recording to agree with signed confirmations in a timely manner
- Provide accurate and complete PPE balance. Accurate Fixed asset depreciation posting run
- Prepayments are duly added and accurately amortized monthly
- Expenses are reported in the period which they relate
- Maintenance of robust petty cash register and ensure adequate float
- Monitoring of cash advance retirements/expensing
- Ensuring Accounts payable GL is NIL or balance is accurately reconciled at every reporting period
- Liaise with client on account receivables or payables reconciliation
- Ensuring AP- Monthly Accruals GL balance is accurately reconciled at every reporting period
- Ensure that all journals posted on GP are signed off and approved by FM
- Detailed analysis of each customers AR statement to highlight incidences of Over/under billing’s
- GP customer balance recon with Landmark with detailed explanation of reasons for differences.
Forecasting & Modelling:
- Develop and maintain effective financial models.
- Providing advice and objective financial analysis, enabling decision makers to take timely and informed business decisions.
- Undertake appropriate financial analysis and evaluation of capital projects.
- Ensure that financial forecasts are timely and relevant to the recipients.
- Assistance in completion of reporting packs, budget and forecast
- Detailed and timely submission of monthly TB with commentary
- Monthly AR aging analysis report
- Prepare monthly journals, ensure journals are captured accurately and properly documented
- Accurate reporting of revenue and billing report
- Analytics, reporting and decision making.
- CIMA, ICAN preferable, with database / Excel proficiency
- 3+ years’ accounting experience in a similar role
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge
- Financial analysis experience
- Management capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Strong negotiator
- Commercial experience
- Operational know how and ability
- Knowledge of contract law.
- Problem Solving
- Result Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Planning & Organising
- Ideas Generation.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online