Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
Job type: Full-time
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc/HND in relevant field with minimum of 2:2/Lower Credit.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 year cognate experience in related role.
- Familiarity with relevant software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Coordinating repairs of vehicles.
- Exceptional management of daily transport and logistics operations.
- Manage new vehicle procurement activities by researching and advising management on the best vehicle type.
- Analyze and recommend strategies to increase efficiency of operations and drive best-in-class operational excellence.
- Provide daily/ weekly/ monthly report to the Head, Admin as regards the status of all vehicles under management with the aid of in-house technology.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and enforcing same as they fall due.
- Ensure that the fleet is in optimal condition for our drivers and passengers.
- Monitoring driver behavior and ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Processing approvals for replacement of vehicle tyres, batteries, etc.
- Handling of vehicles registrations and insurance policies.
- Ensure timely renewal of vehicle licenses and other relevant documents.
- Coordinating mechanics garages.
- Management of drivers and dispatch riders for effective operations
- Management of courier companies and services.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Ensure compliance to Nigeria Road Transport laws and regulations.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Utilizing GPS systems to monitor drivers and track vehicles in case of theft.
Key Skill Set:
- Excellent driving skill with at least 4 years active driving experience
- Good understanding of, and usage of GPS tracking technology.
- Ability to Prioritize, plan, and execute simultaneous projects and activities.
- Ability to effectively manage fleet and resolve complaints
- Proven ability to drive cost reduction initiatives to keep fleet maintenance cost at the barest minimum
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (email, phone, in-person)
- Prioritizing, planning, and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Excellent technical skills in vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Experience in fleet cost reduction is a MUST
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online