Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is an International News Media company building a respected media brand, across television, mobile, and web. The station is a fast-rising pan-African news media company with the key objective to bring Africa to the world, by telling the true African story from an African perspective, using diversity, creativity, and technology. They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Station Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Our clients seek to hire a seasoned journalist (Expat or Indigenous) who has in-depth expertise and experience in journalism. Having global experience with strong contacts and understanding of journalism within and around the continent.
- Your role as Station Manager requires participating in cross-functional strategy and planning discussions and subsequent departmental execution.
- You are tasked with developing and executing strategic and operational plans for the Client’s business that results in audience growth and deepened community engagement.
- Managing the development and quality of daily programming content for the news station
- Initiating and leading the promotional, marketing, and social media strategy for the network.
- Partnering with the sales team to develop and implement sales promotional ideas.
- Acting as the primary liaison between the community and community groups and organizing appearances at community events.
- Entering production contracts and ensuring contracts are fulfilled.
- Organizing a weekly events list, including crew schedules, making changes as necessary and participating with a team in choosing events each week.
- Scheduling weekly events and the on-air talent to achieve the most programme and news specific, knowledgeable, and professional broadcast.
- Overseeing talent acquisition within the organisation.
- Communicating market issues, including production and budgetary items.
- Maintaining knowledge of Traffic, Programming and Production industry standards and company processes.
- Planning and setting market project goals and milestones.
- Following and enforcing the Company’s policies and procedures, including the key media guidelines always.
- Ensure team safety
- Performing any miscellaneous department duties as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of news production or related experience
- Control room experience required
- Experience in news production and script review
- Live line producing and experience handling breaking news, a proven ability to work well under pressure and deadline
- Strong writing and production skills
- Outstanding judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
- Field producing experience strongly suggested
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines required
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Works well with a team
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills.
- Maintains professional demeanour.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current media market trends.
- Exhibits familiarity with industry standards.
- Demonstrates ability to formulate and manage a realistic budget.
- Exhibits ability to think both creatively and analytically.
- Possesses excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Competitive along with other benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2021.
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.