Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is an International News Media company building a respected media brand, across television, mobile, and web. They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
- You are responsible for ensuring that the Legal, Administration, Procurement, Marketing, Brand Management, and Distribution departments, within the company work together to keep the operations of the business on schedule.
- In this role, you will hold regular meetings with the heads of each department to ensure that operations are running smoothly and that any issues with any department are addressed immediately.
- You will work with the Leadership to determine and execute whatever operational task needs to be accomplished.
- Acting as the Chief Operations Officer, you will examine the information and provide operations recommendations to help the organization improve its performance.
- Also, you will be tasked with providing leadership, management, and vision to ensure that the organization has effective people, operational controls, and administrative and reporting procedures in place.
- You are responsible for the effective growth of the company and ensuring its financial strength and operating efficiency.
- As the Chief Operations Officer, you must possess the ability to delegate effectively, have executive-level communication and influencing skills with the ability to resolve issues, build consensus among groups of diverse internal / external stakeholders and have the proven skill in negotiating and mediating conflict.
- Execute strategies developed by the top management team
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of departments under your supervision
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and public speaking skills, both practiced and impromptu
- Ability to comfortably and energetically present the company and its products publicly
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities, including the ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent
- High-level understanding of all business functions such as Legal, Administration, Procurement, Marketing, Brand Management, and Distribution departments
- Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, and staff.
- Spearheading strategies to steer the organization’s future in a positive direction.
- Driving the organization operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction, retention, and company goals.
- Controlling the organization costs, and introducing tactical initiatives to address theft and other loss.
- Employing various initiatives to coach employees to optimize their capabilities
- Assessing and implementing improved processes and new technologies, and collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Collaborate with the FO with financial projections and analysis of existing programs and policies
- Implement performance management, operating planning and goals setting.
- Educated with a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business or any related subject; MSc / MBA is a plus.
- 15 years or more of experience managing complex enterprises’ human resources, finance, operations, and strategies.
- Proven experience as Chief Operations Officer in a similar relevant role
- Understanding of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Good understanding of English with confident language fluency that confers public presentation and communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; a good team player.
- Must have pleasant telephone and good e-mail etiquette.
- A confident and assertive individual willing to work independently.
- Demonstrated experience in ethical leadership.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, and experience working with staff on all levels.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance in a previous complex enterprise
- Ability to make business projections three years into the future.
- Knowledge and experience in News Media Industry
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Proven organizational skills, working in a calm, logical way to achieve tasks within specific deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with multiple colleagues and external clients
- A methodical and rigorous approach with a high level of attention to details
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to motivate yourself to work independently and fit well into the team
- Confident and enthusiastic, and able to inspire others, and enjoy working hard to make a difference.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 30th December, 2021.
- Interviews are on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.