Registration for the examinations into the National Employment Training Scheme has kicked off.
The objectives of the National Employment Training Scheme include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating competent local content for all sectors of the Nigerian economy;
- Reduce youths restiveness through the provision of functional skill sets acquired during training and facilitating the placement into firms after training;
- Affording Nigerians the same world class training obtainable anywhere in the world at no cost to the beneficiaries;
- Improving technological competence of Nigerians through the acquisition of skills that are directly required in the workplace;
- Creating a pool of qualified Nigerians who have the skills necessary to ‘hit the ground running’ upon employment;
- Reduce the overheads incurred in training new intakes by companies thereby encouraging companies to employ more Nigerian school leavers;
- Provide employment for Nigerians thereby reducing unemployment – a key Millennium Development Goal and critical in the present administrations 7 point agenda.
Visit www.netsnetnigeria.org for more information.