Neem Foundation, a non-profit, non-governmental, conflict prevention and peace-building organisation established as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria, is seeking clinical psychologists that will join our team in providing help to people facing psychological
distress. The centre will serve as a safe, accessible and confidential environment that will facilitate psychological and psychosocial support, promote the restoration of community networks and coping mechanisms, and enhance emotional assistance.
Job Title: Clinical Psychologists
- Provides a full range of psychological services to clients.
- Consults with other professionals, regarding the evaluation and treatment of clients.
- Provides psychological assessment, testing, and evaluation, referral, consultation, programme planning, chemical dependency counselling/education, prevention service/activities, individual, couples, group and family therapy.
- Interact with clients to provide assessment, testing, diagnosis treatment, case management, follow up and treatment planning, with physicians to provide consultation.
- Collaborates and cooperates in a professional manner with co-workers, other departments and other agencies in order to assure effective continuity of care and services.
- Prepares and maintains mental health notes and narrative reports of mental health activities (in the appropriate charting format).
- Maintain clients’ records, as part of the Medical records system and follows policies of records and maintenance of client confidentiality.
- Observes strict confidentiality and privacy of clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous training or experience with cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is an added advantage.
- Professional, expert knowledge of psychological theories, principles.
- Able to participate in evaluation, diagnosis, individual, group and family psychotherapy, crisis intervention, consultation, prevention and research such as would be obtained in a doctoral program in psychology and in a clinical internship practice.
- Ability to communicate with children of all ages.
- High degree of skill in the psychological assessment and evaluation of children and youth.
- · Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Application and Resume should be sent as one document to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 21st of April.