Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established under Nigerian law in January 2016 and is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and providing and raising the standards of psychosocial care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychiatrist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Purpose Summary
- The Psychiatrist responsibilities entails assessing both the mental and physical aspect of psychological problems to identify and proffer solutions to mental and behavioural conditions to clients and beneficiaries, as well as prescribing psychotropic medications while monitoring and evaluating treatment results.
- Collaborate and cooperate in a professional manner with co-workers, other departments and other agencies in order to assure effective continuity of care and services.
- Prepare and maintain mental health notes, narrative reports and client records of mental health activities (in the appropriate charting format).
- Provide administrative support in the management of Neem Foundation’s Psychology Centres.
- Monitor the achievement of relevant programme objectives, support M&E evaluation, and maintain accurate and appropriate case documentation and records, and ensure the confidentiality of records/information.
- Support colleagues in HQ and Field Offices in achieving tasks, including monitoring employee performance.
- Travel to Field Offices in Borno State from time to time as required by Neem Foundation in the execution of job functions.
- Assist in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as appropriate.
- Provide cross-component support to other programme staff in achieving Neem Foundation’s goals.
- Observes strict confidentiality and privacy of clients.
- Undertake research and analysis of specific tasks as required by Supervisor.
- Ensure strict compliance with Administrative and Financial procedures in line with Neem Foundation’s policies and standards.
- Ensure the protection of programme and office assets.
- Carry out additional tasks and activities as required by Supervisor.
- Provide psychiatric assessment and rehabilitation, testing and evaluation, referral, consultation, programme planning, chemical dependency counselling/education, prevention service/activities, individual, couples, group and family therapy.
- Select, administer and interpret psychological tests.
- Conduct physical examinations, observe behaviours and review medical history to obtain patient information.
- Interact with clients to provide diagnosis treatment, case management, follow up and treatment planning.
- Decide on suitable psychiatric treatment plans by consulting with other professionals regarding the evaluation and treatment of clients where appropriate.
- Prescribe medication when necessary.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine; Residency in Psychiatry.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to lead and train staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and resolve complaints.
- Ability to operate a computer and use MS Office essential.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team; build and manage professional work relationships with stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Practical experience working with victims/survivors of conflict.
- Language Skills: (Native/Fluent/Basic)
- English Language (Fluent)
- Hausa (an added advantage).
- Must have strong interest Programme Implementation and Administration; working with children, women and girls, helping people rebuild their lives.
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, good writer, organised, team-player, friendly, adaptable, flexible, disciplined, numerate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 7th October, 2018.