Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established under Nigerian law in January 2016 and is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and providing and raising the standards of psychosocial care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
- Nurses will plan and provide medical and nursing care to clients who are suffering from chronic or acute physical or mental ill health.
- As well as teaching proper health care towards clients. Nurses work as part of a multidisciplinary team of professional and medical staff that includes doctors, health visitors, social workers and therapists.
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusionstreating wounds
- Taking samples from patients and monitoring their pulse, temperature and blood pressureplaying with children
- Dealing with emergencies and Checking on the condition of patients
- Writing records as well as providing information, emotional support and reassurance to patients and relatives
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- University Degree in Nursing.
- Masters Degree in Psychology or Child care is an added advantage.
- Good health and fitness
- Caring and compassionate nature
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Observational skills to effectively care for patients
- Ability to use initiative and establishing priorities
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Stamina to large workload
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve complaints
- Ability to work as part of a team; build and manage professional work relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using Micro-soft office package
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa language.
Job Title: Teacher (ICT/English/General/Sports)
- We are looking for a committed Teachers to complement our qualified workforce of educators.
- You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements.
- It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students’ behaviour and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Proven experience as a teacher
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa and/or Kanuri language
Profile of Behaviour
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable, numerate.
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in teaching
- Practical experience in teaching Information Technology/Sports/English/ General Studies
- Experience in managing children
- Hausa and/or Kanuri speaker.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to apply.