Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN) is an indigenous non -governmental organization, established in 1998 to serve as a collective voice of PLHIV in Nigeria. The Network coordinates, supervises and monitors programs and activities of Support Groups of People Living with HIV/AID in Nigeria. The organization is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria as a charity, non-profit and non-governmental organization. The Network has established structures at the six geopolitical zones and the 36 State of the Federation, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). It coordinates the affairs of Support Groups’ membership across the Federation, as the umbrella administrative body of all support groups of people living with HIV in Nigeria.
As a Sub-Recipient to FHI360 on the Global Fund IMPACT Grant, NEPWHAN is implementing the Care and Support Component of the Grant in 11+1 States, which includes Akwa-Ibom and Nasarawa States.
In view of this, we seek applications from qualified candidates for the below position in the organization, for Global Fund HIV/TB Grant:
Job Title: State Program Officers
Location: Akwa Ibom and Nassarawa States
Job type: Full time
Duration: One and half years (renewable)
Job Field: Health, NGO/Non-Profit
- To reduce new HIV infections, and improve the quality of life for the infected and affected.
- To provide Nigerians with universal access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB by 2020.
- To contribute to the restoration of public confidence in primary health care services in Nigeria, and thereby reverse declines in the utilization of primary health care facilities
- The post holder will work closely, and report to the State Project Coordinator and NEPWHAN national office in Abuja. S/he will serve as one of the focal persons for NEPWHAN in the State, and provide support to M&E and programmatic activities of NEPWHAN in the State.
- Serves as the Focal Person for NEPWHAN and coordinates the activities of Case Managers of Treatment SRs
- Conducts monitoring and supervisory visits to GF supported sites in the State to review work of Case Managers and monitor progress of work
- Collates and report data on number of defaulters brought back to treatment by Case Managers.
- Verifies the quality of work of Case Managers and ensure proper documentation.
- Interfaces with facility focal persons and other staff of Treatment SRs for effective collaboration.
- Monitors quality of care and access to treatment at all supported facilities
- Conducts State level data verification/validation of data at the facilities to ensure reported clients are traced to facilities’ records.
- Validates and collate all summary data submitted by Support Group focal persons during programme review and Support Group meetings.
- Produces monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Represents NEPWHAN at Stakeholders and other relevant meetings
- Performs any other tasks, as may be directed by the national office
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Social Sciences or other related disciplines.
- Previous work experience in Global Fund HIV/TB Grants
- 5 years work experience in NGO/CBO or Int’l organizations setting
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and Power point
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, plus organizational and administrative skills
- Working knowledge of Care & Support in HIV interventions in Nigeria.
- Attentive to details, highly organized and self-motivated.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter by e-mail to the National Coordinator, Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN), through: [email protected] and copy [email protected] . Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted for interview.
- Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail and mobile phone numbers on the application letter.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 9th February, 2018.