Recruut – Our client is a leading professional school outfitting firm and a one-stop shop for a wide range of requirements for students from pre-school age through the secondary (High) school age and they are passionate about providing value to schools and parents hence we strive to deliver quality, flexibility and affordability on school supplies.
They commenced business in 2000 and has experienced significant growth for the years becoming a credible brand within the school supply industry in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer /Accountant
Overall Job Scope / Key Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee the personnel and daily activities of the Internal Control department.
- Develop/Review Compliance Procedures for all departments/units of School Kits Limited and ensure adherence to laid down policies and procedures.
- Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development on best practices.
- Carry out Frequent Internal Control Audits to mitigating risk on loss/theft of SKUs
- Review the Analysis of financial information and prepared financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of corporate assets and the interest of School Kits Limited (SKL) by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures where necessary
- Insolvency and Business Recovery:
- Foresee, Manage and Control negligence across all departments to avoid company parting with money and loss of man-hours
- Apply a risk based approach to the review of the systems and controls of SKL through the implementation of the audit review work
- Prepare and Send Reports of audit reviews to the Senior Management
- Discuss the findings and propose action plans of audit reviews with the Senior Management on a constructive basis in order to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and relevant authorities.
- Conduct investigations of suspected internal fraud.
- As a member of any relevant committee to which the post holder may be appointed during the course of the year, to be familiar with the terms of reference and responsibilities, and to participate by attendance, reporting and challenge at meetings and accept collegiate responsibilities for decisions made.
Inventory / Retail:
- Responsible for developing and executing a visiting schedule to all the Outlets of SKL to carry out General Audit of their operations. These include: Customer service, Cash management, Spot Checks, Supervise Periodic stock count at the various outlets.
- Daily review of branch sales records for compliance with policies governing:
- User rights
- Customer set ups
- Clearance Sales
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring accuracy in- and out-flow inventory in the Store Department, between the Outlets and Head office.
- Review Transfer documentation with physical receipts to ensure that all goods transferred to branches are received in total and in good condition.
- Responsible for Inventory Purchase in the Procurement Department – Authorise Order, Price Confirmation, Exchange rate Check
- Responsible for Confirming of Prices on Sales order- check, guide and advise
- Ensure accuracy of vendor balances
- Responsible for confirming the accuracy of reports submitted by the accounting/finance function.
- Responsible for reviewing and calling over transactions posted by the accounting function into the ERP solutions (QuickBooks).
- Ensuring that Finance/Accounts Department follows due process in carrying out its responsibilities.
- Review documentation procedure for the unit to ensure that proper documentation is carried out.
- Review payment procedure to ensure that all regulatory deductions (VAT/WHT etc. ) are complied with.
- Responsible for carrying out value for money audits on all expenses/capital expenditure by management through the finance function.
- Liaising with External Auditors and regulatory authorities.
- Review monthly payroll for completeness and accuracy before payment by finance
Human Resources / Admin:
- Review Documentation to ensure that all staff and associated documentation are in place and up to date
- Review Staff Sign-in registers at different locations
- Vet Admin purchases and bills by ensuring necessary documents are attached to bills.
- Ensure compliance with laid down HR policies and procedures
- Review Documentation and password policy to ensure that all associated policies and procedures are complied with.
- Review user rights on all solutions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures governing access
Reporting Line: You will report to the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Chartered Accountant with minimum of 2 years audit experience.
Skills and Attributes:
- General Mathematical Skills
- Keen Attention to details
- Proficiency in QuickBooks usage for accounting and internal control processes.
- Reporting Skills
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- Writing and Oral skills
- Financial Resources Management
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Deadline-Oriented and Result driven
- Strong Self Leadership
- Decision making ability
- Ability to work under pressure especially during the peak period
- Personal attributes: Confident, Self-driven, Determined, Positive and Enthusiastic
- Excellent Prioritization and Organizational abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Team Work
- Professionalism and Objectivity
- Analytical skills
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply