ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Country Managing Director
Publication ID: NG62200605_E1
Contract type: Regular/Permanent
Job function: General Management
- As a Country Managing Director – Nigeria, you will be part of Country Staff various Division based in Lagos. Country Managing Director Nigeria with the support of the hub management is in essence responsible for serving the divisions to achieve their goals.
- The Country Managing Director has a key role in making sure that the local efforts of the business lines are in line with strategy, executed effectively, coordinated on a group level, and integrated into ‘One ABB’
Your Tasks as a Country Managing Director will include the following:
- Actively support and help the divisions in the execution of their local activities. This involves everything from back-end operational issues to front-end sales and marketing.
- Influence top and bottom-line success and share the overall responsibility that local division budgets are met. The Country Managing Director must be involved in the divisional budgeting processes.
- Responsible for coordination and integration of all local operations: from sales and after-sales service organizations, including group accounts and key accounts, to important operational decisions within local divisions.
- Create an ABB culture in country organization.
- The Country managing director and his board carry the ultimate risk as it concerns compliance to local laws and regulations.
- The Country Managing Director is always the key local spokesperson, whenever someone of the local organization is required to represent ABB to the local authorities, unions, academia, press, investors and similar constituencies, the task is with the country manager or his specific delegate.
- Co-ordinate the local communication and Public Relation activities in line with group standards and divisional requirements.
- Actively run the Support Functions, lead the centralized country HR, finance, legal, communication and similar functions.
- Dedicate some of the centralized resources to certain divisions in order to enable building up deeper know-how and relationship.
- Directly interact with the ABB group functions and closely coordinate their local organization with group requirements, e.g. regarding the group initiatives on ‘One Simple ABB’, Sarbanes-Oxley, or ABB People Strategy.
- Run the cost center in a cost-efficient way and according to budget.
- The Country Managing Director is responsible for implementation of Group initiatives and policies in the country. And as leader of the team of local Group Function Managers, has primary responsibility to ensure compliance with Group directives and instructions and is ultimately responsible for timely and qualitative fulfillment of tasks and assignments mandated by the Group.
- Ideally you should have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a reputable engineering institution, post-graduation studies in the field is preferred.
- 15 to 20 years of prior work experience in multinational companies and with local market knowledge.
- Sound record of accomplishments in various geographic domains, preferably in Africa in similar senior position managing P&L, cross functional strategies and challenging growth plans.
- Proficiency in English language is required with fluency in additional languages will be preferred for this role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply