Stresert Services Limited – Our client, a provider of Catering and Hospitality services to corporate organizations and hotels, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: House Keeper/Steward
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- To contribute to guest comfort by ensuring the daily cleaning and tidying of the guest house are carried out appropriately.
- The employee change sheets and make beds in the house, ensure used cloths are washed, iron selected cloths for the week, act as handy personnel to help with assigned task around the house.
- Keep the rooms stocked with clean cups, coffee supplies, towels and other items etc.
- Maintain record of related expenditure
- Sweep, scrub, mop and polish room / private living room floors
- Vacuum clean carpets, rugs and draperies; dust and polish furniture and fittings empty and clean trash containers from rooms; clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers
- Make beds and change linens as required; wash and iron clothing and linen
- Refill toilet paper rolls and hand soap in the bathrooms
- Keep an eye out for issues such as burned-out light bulbs that need replacing, sometimes changing the bulbs or telling maintenance about the issues
- Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- Check stocking level of all consumables’ and replace to avoid stock out
- Ensure the hygiene and safety of the guest house bedrooms
- Ensure that guests receive high quality service
- Ensure that the brand standards are applied
- Monitor the operation efficiency of the linen service; laundering etc
KPIs (Key Performance Indices):
- Attention to detail: working carefully within the minimum required timeline
- Team working
- The ability to take initiative
- Good physical resilience
- Organisation and thoroughness: preparing bedrooms in the minimum length of time whilst respecting internal guest house procedures
- Discretion: not disturbing guests
- OND (Ordinary National Diploma)
- Minimum of 3 years in similar post.
- Significant experience as a Housekeeper /steward
- Fluency in a second language would be an advantage
- Should reside in Victoria Island, Lagos State (proximity to work is highly desired).
Personal Qualities Required by the Job:
- Innovation: ability to be creative and improve of service output.
- Compliance: adheres strictly to organisational/sector policies and procedures
- Integrity and confidentiality: ability to adhere to high ethical standards in job-related and other activities and experience in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Acceptability: personal style not abrasive to colleagues or customers.
- Planning and organising: ability to establish efficient and appropriate course of action for self and team; strong organisational skills.
- Work standards: setting of high goals or standards of performance for self, subordinates, others and organisation. Dissatisfied with average performance.
- Practical learning: ability to assimilate and apply new job-related information.
- Detail Handling: tolerance for and ability to pay attention to and handle the details and paperwork associated with the job.
- Energy: ability to create and maintain a level of appropriately directed activity, capacity to work hard, drive stamina.
- Career ambition: desire to advance to higher job levels; active efforts toward self-development for advancement. Frontier/career minded.
- Efficiency and effectiveness: using minimum effort to achieve maximum results. Actual results will be measured, not simply activity or expended energy.
- Punctuality, attendance and reliability is key.
- Salary is N50,000 gross monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s to: [email protected]using ‘HK-24’ as the subject of mail
Note: Qualified applicants will be invited for interviews.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2017.