Nicole Sinclair – Our client in the Hospitality business is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Manager
- Our client seeks for immediate employment the services of a Human Resources Manager who will work closely with the Executive Management and Line Managers to design and implement HR systems that back up strategic business goals of their apartment hotel.
- Coordinate the development of human resource plans.
- Ensure existing Human Resource Policies, Procedures, and staff handbook are updated in line with statutory requirements, good practice.
- Create accurate job descriptions for all job roles in the apartment hotel.
- Liaise with departmental managers in creating work schedules for their team members.
- Monitor and ensure staff compliance with work schedules.
- Ensure operational HR activities and processes are correctly followed and that the frontline HR team provides accurate and timely advice and guidance to managers.
- Monitor the weekly roaster of all departments.
- Monitor daily attendance of staff and investigate and understand causes for staff absences.
- Has responsibility for the welfare of all staff.
- Coordinate and implement annual leave plans for staff.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire
- Provide advice and assistance to departmental managers on staff recruitment.
- Prepare notices and advertise for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews.
- Conducts reference and guarantor’s checks on possible candidates.
- Manage the delivery of induction sessions of newly employed staff.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Ensure robust performance management systems are in place to promote a culture of performance across the apartment hotel i.e. attendance, discipline and capacity development.
- Create documents and forms needed to conduct performance evaluations.
- Provide support to ensure that performance evaluations are being used to effectively manage the apartment hotel operations.
- Conduct skill gap analysis across all departments to determine the training needs of staff.
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations.
- Organize quarterly and annual performance review sessions
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops, and activities
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for identifying, planning, delivering, and measuring training and development opportunities.
- Ensure training outcomes are appropriately measured and reported on.
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure controls of training and development expenditure are within agreed budgets.
- Liaise with other managers to understand all necessary aspects of their learning and development needs.
- Build a succession plan and ensure training is aligned to support the plan.
- Ensure training activities meet and integrate with the organization’sstrategies and policies.
- Manage payroll ensuring accuracy, and reporting on performance relative to budgets
- Ensures all payroll transactions are processed efficiently
- Collect, calculate, and input data in order to maintain and update payroll information
- Resolves payroll discrepancies
- Compile summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the HR Information Systems
- Record and process employee information including annual leave, salaries, and working hours
- Oversee system upgrades in collaboration with the Information Technology (IT) department.
- Resolve staff’ issues and handle complaints to protect the general interests
- Ensure matters relating to payroll, disciplinary issues, leaves administration, pension are addressed appropriately.
- Develop and ensure healthy work relationships and a supportive work atmosphere
- Stay up to date with employment law and relevant codes of practice
- Provide advice to department managers on how to deal with employees.
Competencies / Skill / Requirements
- B.Sc in relevant field.
- MSc. or HR certification is also an added advantage
- At least 5-7 experience in a similar capacity
- Strong knowledge of labor laws and regulations
- Practical experience with HR database administration, including payroll systems.
- Minimum of 5 years HR Administrative and strategic HR experience gained in a hotel, hospital /cafeteria/engineering firm will be an added advantage
- Proven experience in recruitment and training
- Supervisory and team-building skills.
- Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies, and procedures
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Research and program development skills.
- Time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Negotiations skills
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective public relations and public speaking skills
- Stress management skills.
- Upbeat and energetic
- The candidate must be within the age of 35 to 40 years.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.