The Nigeria Cricket Federation (NCF) a non-profit organization of the Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development established to promote and develop the sport of cricket in Nigeria. The Board, which comprise of representatives from Geo-political zones and strategic partners, oversees the the activities of the NCF. The NCF is Nigeria’s representatives of the International Cricket Council (ICC).
The NCF, in alignment with its strategic direction, seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Data Officer
Overall Function of the Position
- The Finance and Data Officer is responsible for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of NCF
- The candidate will supervise the finance unit and is the financial spokesperson for the NCF
- Reports directly to the General Manager/Chief Operating Officer (GM/COO) and assist with all strategic and tactical matters that relates to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs, fundraising, etc.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Assist in formulating, implementing and monitoring of the financial implication of the NCF’s strategic business plans
- Reviews and implement data management and financial policies
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management as well as the third parties to which functions have been outsourced while ensuring the implementation of operational best practices
- Understand, monitor and mitigate key elements of the NCF’s financial risks profile by maintaining reliable control systems
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules and procedure for data sharing with management and external stakeholders
- Conduct financial operations such as posting invoices, recording payables and receivables, bank reconciliation, financial reports preparation, etc.
- Organise and coordinate fund raising project for the NCF
- Liaise with banks to monitor cash balances and arrange for loans where necessary
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the NCF including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and manage employee insurance plans and healthcare coverage analysis
- Direct the maintenance of the NCF’s fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with federal regulations and ensures adequate cash flow to meet the NCF’s needs
- Support employees in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company’s standards
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Implement Data Protection Policies to ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, IT, Economics, or any related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, 3 of which must have been in a management position interfacing with the executive team and financial partners
- Relevant professional certifications, e.g Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent would be an advantage
- Experience of statutory financial reporting especially for not-for-profit organisations is desirable.
Skills and Competencies:
- Business Planning and Analysis: Budgeting, financial forecasting and cost cotrol; financial reporting; Data administration and management; Financial planning and analysis; and Tax planning/management
- Knowledge of Relevant Accounting Software: Communication (verbal and written); leadership; knowledge of modern database and information system technologies; problem-solving skills; and advanced Excel skills
- Relationship Management: Stakeholder management; negotiation.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their to Applications which should include the following below to “The Secretary-General, Nigeria Cricket Federation” by mail (using the Ref: “Career Opportunities in the NCF”) to: [email protected]
- A detailed CV
- Cover letter containing current salary, benefits and expectations
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificate
- Contact details of Two (2) referees.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.