Posted on :
11 May, 2011
11 May, 2011
Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) is the Nigerian sub-set of the global Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) that aims to improve transparency in transactions between governments and companies operating in the extractive industry sector. In a bid to strengthen NEITI’s Technical capacity and provide direction for the Technical Department, NEITI requires the services of highly motivated expert to fill the position of the Director Technical.
Job Title: Director Technical
The Director Technical will be required to:
– Develop operational policies and procedures in line with industry practice that will guide and facilitate the review of the annual industry audit reports.
– Provide expertise, leadership and technical support as regards to the core function of the Extractive Industries sector’s annual audit being managed and initiated by the secretariat.
– Design, develop and monitor the implementation of a technical, capacity building strategy that will facilitate the building of the technical competence of in-house skill and other relevant stakeholders in understanding and interpreting key issues identified and or highlighted by the annual audits conducted by the secretariat.
– Conduct periodic technical systems assessment and review of activities to evaluate the quality and consistency of the annual audit reports submitted to the secretariat to provide second opinion and ensure accuracy of the reports
– Design, Develop and implement a framework for tracking allocation, disbursement and application of revenues from the extractive sector.
– Develop strategies for monitoring accountability, transparency and due process in the revenue flow of the extractive industry.
– Guide, supervise, coordinate and oversee all the activities of the Department and ensure adequate utilization of human, material and other resources.
– Develop and monitor implementation of adequate documentation and training of the department’s staff.
– Define overall operational plan for the management of the day-to-day technical related issues or the organization.
– Manage cross-functional relationships with other departments and units.
Candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Engineering, Economics, Accountancy, Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or Petroleum Economics. Also, Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Economics, Geosciences or any other field directly related to extractive industry operations is required. Additional professional qualification in Public Finance or Accounting will be an additional advantage.
Candidates should also posses at least 15 years post-qualification, relevant experience, 5 of which should be at top management Level in extractive industry operations or Public Finance.
The candidate should have in-depth experience and knowledge of the reform initiatives/ Governance in the extractive industries sector. Specific knowledge required for the position include Public financial Management, Good Corporate Governance Principles, Intricacies of Extractive Industries Operations and Regulation, Auditing of Extractive Industries, Strategic plan development and implementation, Employee Performance Management, Change Management, Project Management etc
Method of Application:
Qualified and Interested candidates should forward their application showing clearly how they meet the requirements for the position along with their resume (as a single word document) using the title of the position and name of the candidate as the subject of the mail to [email protected] on or before June 21, 2011. View Detailed Job profile is available at http://www.neiti.org.ng/Tenders-Recruitment.htm