Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) Plc provides the infrastructure for automated processing, settlement of payments and fund transfer instructions between Banks, Discount Houses and Card Companies in Nigeria. Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) was established in 1993. With the motivation of being the world class bank globally recognized.
NIBSS is owned equally by all licensed banks in Nigeria, and the Central Bank of Nigeria. Discount Houses operating in Nigeria also hold substantial shares.
NIBSS is recruiting key-industrial, organized, competent and qualified individuals to fill the vacant positions below:
1.) Executive Director, Business Development (ES00616)
- Reporting to the CEO, will focus majorly on strategy, product development and management, and sales/relationship management.
- Represent the company in contact with clients both old and new and identify strategic business-building opportunities in product development initiatives from conception/design through to final delivery, working with customers and various internal functions.
- Be able to identify strategic business plan opportunities that will promote and strengthen the company and its relationship with other appropriate parties.
Define and review pricing strategies for various NIBSS products.
- 1st degree in any related field from a good institution and a relevant post-graduate degree such as MBA will be advantageous.
- Not more than 10 years Senior Management experience in payments or related industry.
- Understanding of various payment products and risk and compliance issues related to payment including fraud prevention, anti-money laundering (AML) etc.
- A strong commercial acumen and good appreciation of business strategy, business performance and customer relationship.
- Good communication skills (written/oral/reading).
2.) Executive Director, Operations & Technology (ES00615)
- Reporting to the CEO, will be responsible for every aspects of NIBSS operations and technology.
- Oversees the development and implementation of standards, process, methodologies and metrics in support of the company’s objectives including continuous process re-engineering and automation as appropriate.
- Provide global technical and strategic direction for a highly services oriented NIBSS IT and operations.
- Be responsible of technology in payments industry, and make customer service recommendation that will improve customers service, drive adoption of electronic payments, reduce costs and provide a competitive advantage.
- 1st degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field from a well recognized firm and relevant post graduate degree and professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Not more than 10 years of prior experience in Telecommunications, Banking and related field. Also experience in operations/IT Management roles.
- Provide track record of result in managing the management of mid to large scale, complex and cross- functional IT related project.
- Must be analytical and skillful leader.
- An outstanding negotiation and communication skills.
3.) Chief Officer (ES00614)
- Will be reporting to the Board of Directors. Overseeing the day-to-day activities of NIBSS and ensuring attainment of strategic goals and targets.
- Establishing long term partnerships with business partners that contribute to the company’s profitability and market position.
- Be able to improve the organization business model to ensure maximum production, sustainable growth and revenue.
- Be able to carry out strategy plans and define NIBSS strategy in context of its vision for the Nigerian payment system and developing a clear roadmap for its attainment.
- 1st degree in Management, Economics, Engineering or any related discipline and relevant post-graduate degrees i.e MBA is a plus.
- Not more than 10 years experience as a Senior Manager in a well recognized firm.
- An expert and capable thinker with proven track record of achievement and contribution to the development of the payment industry including systems, policies and procedures.
- An excellent leader
4.) General Manager Finance & Administration (ES00617)
- Reporting to the CEO, supervise the development and implementation of appropriate financial management framework to support the realization of the company.
- Foreseen the preparation of the company financial and management reports (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Safeguard the asset of the company and maintain the integrity of the financial reports.
- Implement effective internal control processes and manage NIBSS financial resources and ensure conformity of all financial reports with corporate accounting policies and principle.
- Serves as the repository of information on general economic, business and financial conditions, analyzing their impact on the company’s strategies and objectives, for use by executive management.
- 1st degree from a reputable institution and a post graduate degree in Finance. Economics or Business Administration. Professional certification in Accounting i.e ACA.
- Not more than 10 years relevant experience in a Senior Management position.
- Experience as a CFO or Financial Controller will be a plus.
- Strategic mindset, strong analytical background and demonstrable ability to establish goals and delivery result.
- Good negotiable skills and similarity with major accounting applications.
31st December, 2011.
Method of Application
To apply please quote the right reference No. as the subject of your e-mail and send your CV (prepared in MS word and saved with your full name) to us at: [email protected]
Please include in your application, statement on how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone number and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional background and abilities.
All positions are based in Lagos. The CEO position is exclusive to Nigerians within and outside the country. Other positions are opened to both Nigerians and Non-Nigerians applicants. All applicants will be treated in strict confidence. Only shortlist candidates will be contacted.