Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) provides the infrastructure for automated processing, settlement of payments and fund transfer instructions between Banks and Card Companies in Nigeria.NIBSS is owned equally by all licensed banks in Nigeria, and the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Job Title: Database Administrator
Grade: Senior Banking Officer
Department: Technology Infrastructure
Reports to: Head, Infrastructure
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Controlling database access permissions and privileges (observing the principle of least privilege).
- Configure backup strategy tailored to the point in time recovery define by business owners /as in the unit’s operational document.
- Build, Configure & manage High availability, data replication.
- Automate database processes.
- Configure and manage policies on the database as specified in the Unit’s operational document.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing issues related to database.
- Create database object and choose the appropriate datatype.
- Configure and manage high availability for all databases.
- Configure and manage database agents.
- Database modeling ability.
- Data management and security.
- Experience in database design.
- Authentication of daily Database backups.
- Planning, Installation of versions of DBMS, and testing before deployment.
- Keep environmental monitoring tool in effective working condition at all time.
- Manage servers resource (processor, storage, memory) utilizations and prevent service failure due to resource problems.
- Performance tuning ability.
- Spot service failure promptly and restore service failures.
- Management of daily data upload to the database.
- Maintain an updated procedure manual.
The desired candidate must exhibit competencies in the following:
- Multiple RDBMS (MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Database theory and design
- Windows and Linux OS
- Storage technology
- noSQL Database (e.g Mongo DB)
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience related to the Job, of which 3 years must be in a supervisory role with direct or indirect reports.
- Industrial experience in designing, building and managing SQL server database, Oracle database, MySQL database, PostgreSQL database & MONGODB.
- Ability to build, configure and manage ‘Always ON High availability’.
- Proof of database design projects carried out, data modelling projects carried out.
- Possess PLSQL & TSQL skills.
- A minimum of a bachelor degree relevant to the job role from an accredited university.
- Relevant professional qualification (s) will be an added advantage.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Subsequent to your application for this position, please log on to http://learnng.com.ng/ to register and take a free e-Payment course to become more aware of NIBSS’ e-Payment services.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply