Posted on :
24 Jun, 2011
Nigeria LNG Limited is jointly owned by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, It was incorporated as a limited liability company on May to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas LNG and Natural Gas Liquids NGLs for export. We are constantly looking for talented and motivated new employees who can contribute to the success of our company.
Job Title: 3RD ENGINEER
Company: Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas
LOCATION: ONBOARD NLNG CHARTERED SHIPS
The appointee will be required to ensure safe operation of the electric power generation system and maintain the engine room fire and safety equipment
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of the ship’s power generation and distribution systems
• Maintain the engine room fire and safety equipment
• Ensure the safety of persons working directly under his supervision
• Maintain records associated with maintenance of fire and safety equipment
• Keep a safe and efficient engine room watch
• Maintain records associated with Shipboard planned maintenance scheme.
• Act as shipboard Safety Officer when required
The right candidate should:
• Possess a Minimum of OOW (Engine) Certificate of Competency (CoC)
• Possession of HND will be an added advantage
• Possess 5 years seagoing experience
• Experience on steam ships/LNG/LPG carrier will be an added advantage
• Possess knowledge of Shipping Operations in the Shipping and marine industry
• Be a Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Method of Application
All interested applicants should visit CLICK HERE to visit nigerialng application portal. For new users, click on the ”Unregistered User” to fill in your personal detail before applying. All registered users should click on the link “Registered user“, fill in their user name and password before applying.