Posted on :
9 Apr, 2010
9 Apr, 2010
Nigeria LNG is a leading player in Oil and Gas Industry and an equal opportunities employer, Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas, NLNG seeks to recruit the best for the under listed job position. The successful candidate shall be employed by PPC Limited and seconded to Nigeria LNG Ltd as a contract staff.
JOB TITLE: WEB SUPPORT ANALYST IMT/PPC 02
THE JOB: THIS IS A 3RD PARTY CONTRACT STAFF POSITION
The appointee shall:
• Maintain and support NLNG Web/Intranet Systems to ensure their continued effective support of business processes and ensure the availability and reliability of Web/intranet systems through Web Server management, web security & Integrity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Proactively implement and maintain web/intranet-based technology solutions for improving process efficiency while continuously investigating web/intranet site improvement opportunities to reduce costs and enhance customer service, and web technology utilizing a variety of web workflow tool
• Design, build and maintain web pages, develop user interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements, and contribute to the design group’s efforts to enhance the look and feel of on-line offerings.
• Lead in the planning, analysis, specification, designing, testing and implementation of various web/intranet projects, including reporting.
• Supervise the operations of the editors/authors (content managers); ensure security, quality assurance, conformity to standards, and the overall integrity of the web/intra net through constant review of contents and graphics, and ensure adequate training of content managers.
• Build, manage and administer an MIIS 6 web server including user administration, FTP administration, documentation hierarchy and site security; create monitoring reports and logs, and ensure functionality of Jinks; monitor site for acceptable performance and user accessibility. Establish backups and monitor site security.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENT
• BSc/HND in Computer Science/Engineering obtained at a minimum of Second Class Lower Division/lower Credit
• 3- 5 years post graduation experience, 2 of which should be in core web administration, support and development
• Must possess excellent Knowledge of Database Design, Web Security Management, Web Server Administration, Web Application Support, System Testing, System Design and Integration, IT systems and Business Analysis
• Able to interface and communicate effectively with others in a multi discipline and multiracial project team
• Must not be more than 30 years old
CLOSING DATE: WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF THIS PUBLICATION
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Please address application quoting Ref no IMT/PPC01 at the top right comer of the application envelope to:
Head, HR PPC Limited
P. M.B. 80065
Victoria Island, Lagos
Head, HR PPC/ Limited
C/o Employee Services Section
Plant Site, Bonny Island, Rivers State
OR e-mail to: [email protected] by POST or Email. Duplication of applications shall not be entertained. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.