The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA” or “The Authority”) is an agency of the Federation set up to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress.
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer
Reference Number: NS20/3001
- Reporting to the Head, Administration, this Officer will provide support in carrying out administration functions ensuring provision of efficient and effective services to support NSIA’s core operations.
- Participate in vendor evaluation and selection processes ensuring consistent application and transparency.
- Support the Head, Admin in monitoring the activities of vendors (facility managers, security services, estate agents etc.) to ensure adherence to agreed service levels.
- Monitor the activities of service providers to ensure the provision of high quality and well- maintained utility services to support the Authority’s operations i.e. power, water, and general utilities.
- Ensure timely and effective execution of general administration services e.g. mail dispatch, printing and distribution of complimentary cards etc.
- Liaises with Travel Agents to ensure the provision of adequate travel/ transport logistics support.
- Monitor the activities of the Authority’s drivers and briefs the Head, Admin accordingly.
- Assist with the provision of protocol and consular services to the Authority’s Directors and other staff.
- Participate in the procurement process for the Authority’s assets, office supplies and consumables.
- Under the supervision of the Head Admin, conduct market surveys to ensure availability of up-to-date price intelligence.
- Take periodic stock (for office equipment and supplies) and inform the Admin Manager on any identified issues,
- Provide support on the review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of the admin policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Perform other duties as may be delegated by the Admin Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- First Degree from a reputable institution
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Good communication skills
- Appreciable understanding of the NSIA’s mandate.
- Strong supervisory and people management skills.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Highly organized and extremely detailed orientation.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- High level of pro-activity and ability to follow through on assigned tasks.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: [email protected] please quote the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
Application Deadline: 13th March, 2020.
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position on offer.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.