The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA” or “The Authority”) is an agency of the Federation set up to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress.
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Portfolio Manager
Reference Number: NS20 / 3007
- Reporting to the Head, Nigeria Infrastructure Funds, this Officer will assist in ensuring prudent investment of the Infrastructure fund in essential and efficient infrastructure such as power generation. distribution ,and transmission, agriculture, dams, roads, roil, airports etc.
- Lead the development of the power strategy for the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund
- Develop medium- and long-term strategies and action plans to improve quality of the
- Authority’s power portfolio and contribute to achievement of corporate targets.
- Liaise with the infrastructure risk management team to assess the inherent power portfolio risks in order to define mitigating strategies.
- Plan and implement exit strategies for all holdings in the portfolio to ensure the Authority can exit from its investment on timely basis.
- Champion the valuation and structuring of power deals.
- Identity viable power infrastructure projects and advises management on investment decisions
- Build and manage a well-balanced power infrastructure portfolio aimed at achieving target risk adjusted returns.
- Monitors and supervises the various power portfolio activities, providing up to date report to the management.
- Develop and manage relationships with external counterparts. co-investors, advisors and technical leaders
- Monitor the impact of the operating environment on assigned projects under implementation and informs Management on any material potential risks that might arise.
- Conduct analysis of portfolio trends and drivers of investment return and draw and share lessons from the portfolio analysis.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- First Degree or equivalent in Engineering or related discipline Relevant professional qualification in project management
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience
- Expertise in negotiating complex transactions
- Hands on experience in project finance and portfolio management
- Expertise in financial modelling and structuring of infrastructure deals
- Practical experience in valuation, project & deal structuring and business strategy
- Good knowledge of power sector trends (locally and globally)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment Excellent Interpersonal, networking and communication skills
- Team building / conflict management
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: [email protected] please quote the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position on offer.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 13th March, 2020.