The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA”), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011 is mandated to mange funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, and providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Stabilisation Fund, the Future Generations Fund, and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund.
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented, and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Ref No.: ES20201
- The role holder shall be responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost- efficient and of high quality.
- Provide support to the ED/COO in implementing the Authority’s procurement strategies.
- Drive the implementation of the Procurement unit’s policies, systems, and procedures necessary for effective functioning of the organisation. Contribute to the enhancement and revision of procurement policies and procedures, develop standards and criteria for the evaluation of goods, services, supplier capacity.
- Improve efficiency of the procurement processes by supporting the establishment of necessary measures to automate and optimize all processes within the organization.
- Ensure proper application of procurement procedures ore adhered to whilst creating awareness of these procedures.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests and obtain additional information/documentation as may be required.
- Provide support to various requisitioners in preparing specifications of goods and services; proposing
- product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings.
- Collaborate with the requesting unit to review, develop, or update tender documents where
- applicable (e.g. Invitations to Bid, Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interest, Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and procurement involved.
- Design or review and maintain a comparative table and templates to analyse financial and technical aspects of bids, drafts summaries of evaluation and reports from tendering processes for the approval by relevant authorities.
- Liaise with the ED/COO to establish approaches for negotiating and coordinating all phases of negotiations with all concerned parties including the negotiation of disputes arising from contracts.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts, and correspondence on all procurements.
- Act as focal point for the identification and monitoring of procurement-related risks in relevant risk registers; and provides guidance on all relevant procurement matters.
- Liaise with the legal Team to ensure a11 contractual agreements ore adequately reviewed and are void of liabilities that hove negative impact on the Authority.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- First degree in a related discipline from a reputable university.
- Minimum of seven (7 years cognate experience. Experience in coordinating high value complex multiple procurement programmes related to infrastructure projects will be on advantage.
- Relevant certifications e.g. Certified Purchasing Manager will bean added advantage.
- Excellent Communication skills (oral and written), Ability to prioritise and schedule tasks. Excellent negotiation and people management skills.
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Highly organized and extremely detailed orientation.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office tools.ln addition, candidates for these roles must possess the following attributes
- Proven leadership and influencing skills.
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship- building, interpersonal and communication skills. Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations, and operating environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (prepared as an MS Word Document and saved with your full names) to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 23rd October, 2020.
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Interested candidates can view the NSIA Act on http://nsia.com.ng/
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.