The Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) Joint Venture in pursuance of its Corporate Social Responsibility invites suitably qualified applicants for its 2017/2018 Session Tertiary Scholarship Scheme.
Title: Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for the 2017/2018 Session
Category of Awards
- Host Communities Merit Award – For applicants strictly from NAOC Host Communities
- National Merit Award – For applicants from Non-Host communities
To qualify for consideration, applicants MUST be:
- Registered Full TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application (Only students admitted in 2017/2018 academic session)
- Application is open to 100 level students only.
- Only Indigenes of NAOC Host Communities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Imo States SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
- Only applicants studying Engineering, Geology, Geosciences and Agricultural Science are eligible for the National Merit Award.
The following categories of students should not apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
- Dependants of NAOC/NAE/AENR
The aptitude test will take place at designated centers to be communicated to applicants on a later date and applicants are to fully bear the cost of transportation to and from Aptitude test centres.
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on: www.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarships to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to: www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 5, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the capture centres https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Return to www.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarships and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Application Deadline 30th, April 2018.
- Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- O’level Certificate
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- Letter from Community Paramount Ruler (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award)
- Letter from CDC Chairman (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award).
- JAMB Result
- Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
- Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
- Ensure to provide valid Email and Phone Contact for effective communication
- Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board