Nigerian Foundries Limited (NFL) is the leading ferrous foundry group in sub-sahara (excluding South Africa) with a total installed capacity of 8,500 metric tons per year. It has two plants, one in Ilupeju Lagos State and one at Sango-Otta, Ogun State. NFL started as a small grey iron foundry at Ilupeju in 1969 by the Barberopoulos brothers making municipal castings and water pipeline fittings.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Engineer
Overall Job Summary
- The Sales Engineer is responsible for scouting for new jobs and ensuring that all enquiries received by the commercial team are promptly attended to.
- This requires daily visit to follow up on customer till order is secured, visiting the customer site to make recommendations of our municipal castings or to take sketches where required, negotiating prices with the customer and constantly liaising with the Commercial Manager and Business Development Manager for proper guidance to approach each situation while keeping Innovation/Branding Manager in the loop.
- Reports to the CM on all manners with relation to his job.
- Goes out on daily basis to scout for new jobs from the quarries and municipal casting customers.
- Participates in the Monday meeting by giving a report on the sales of Quarry Consumables and Quarry wear parts
- Updates his knowledge on all products he sells by attending all in-house trainings and reading up through the internet.
- Acquaints himself/herself at all times with information on his customer’s outstanding job status by checking the software program.
- Maintains a good team work relationship with the Innovation/Branding Manager, Business Development Manager and PTM with respect to enhancing customer sales and satisfaction.
- Follows up by visits, emails and phone calls, of any quotation assigned to him by the Commercial Manager to ensure that order is secured or a good reason is obtained for declining.
- Takes basic sketches at customer sites (detailed dimensions are taken by the PTM).
- Follows up outstanding payment from credit customers while on the field.
- Collects and document any customer complaints and passes same to Commercial Manager for immediate attention.
- Collects accurate data on products and customers and updates same as may be directed by the Commercial Manager.
- Extensive traveling countrywide. Site visits, work long hours including weekends.
- B.Sc/HND in either Chemical, Metallurgical, Civil Engineering Mechanical Engineering
- 2 years of Technical products.
- Experience in foundry industry will be an added advantage
- Increase in Turnover especially consumables and Quarry Wear Parts.
- Planned vs. Actual client visits.
- No. of quotes issued vs orders received.
- No of new clients brought in.
Work-Related Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Ability to take basic dimensions at site Very good understanding of the Foundry Process
- Microsoft office suit
- Must have a customer centric philosophy.
- Good negotiation skill
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
- Ability to make and read technical drawings
- Excellent Communication skill (Written and Oral)
- Ability to use Auto Card
- Intermediate level usage of all
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]stating “Sales Engineer” as subject of email.
Note: Any candidate who does not follow this instruction will be automatically disqualified.
Application Deadline 13th October, 2017.