The Nigerian Navy wishes to inform the general public and all interested candidates that the online registration for the 2014 Recruitment Exercise will commence on 27 October 2014 and close on 30 November 2014.
2014 NIGERIAN NAVY RECRUITMENT EXERCISE
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Application Guildlines For 2014 Recruitment into the Nigerian Navy
Candidates are advised to read these instructions carefully before completing the application:
1.) Candidates should possess any of the following educational and/Professional qualifications (see Guide to Candidates on Educational Requirements for Entry Category):
- West African School Certificate/Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
- WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guild.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Any other educational qualification equivalent to those mentioned above.
- All candidates must produce their primary school leaving certificate.
- Candidates are to note that entry requirement into the following categories is SSCE or equivalent: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5 C1, D1, D2, D4, D5, D6, E1, E2, E3, E4, F1, G, H. Any other additional qualifications in these categories can only serve as an added advantage for selection into the branch and not for advancement. See the guide for details.
2.) Any candidate possessing higher educational/professional qualification, i.e. HND, BA,/BSC etc other than those stated in paragraph 1 (a-g) should not apply. Candidates are therefore warned that it is an offence to declare false education/professional qualification. This attracts outright withdrawal or dismissal.
3.) Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted during the recruitment exercise is not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for the purpose of change of branch or advancement while in the Naval service. Only qualifications obtained through proper service provisions are tenable after joining.
4.) Applicants must be between the age of 18 – 21 years at the time of entry into the Training school for school certificate holders, while age 24 years of age is the acceptable limit for those with higher qualifications e.g. Nurses, NCE etc.
5.) Applicants must not be married.
6.) Candidate is required to print out Parent/Guardian consent Form and Local Government attestation form.
7.) Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth.
8.) Candidates with any of the following problems are NOT to apply: short sight, ear problem, previous orthopedic operation, flat foot, below the required height (Male 1.70m, female 1.67m), fracture, stammering, or any natural disability.
9.) Applicants must be free from any previous conviction by court of law on criminal charges.
10.) Applicants must come to the recruitment centres with the following documents:
- Photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
- Photocopies of Credentials.
- Duly completed identification form to be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the candidate’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander, Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) or Equivalent and above from candidate’s State of Origin.
- Duly completed Parent Consent form to be signed by Candidate’s Parent or Guardian.
- Four passport photographs duly signed and stamped by (C) above
- Candidates are advised to bring the scratch cards of their NECO AND WAEC results to the recruitment centres.
11.) The completed application form is to be submitted online.
12.) Candidates will be required to produce original of all copies of credentials listed in paragraph 1 before recruitment.
13.) Any candidate suspected to have impersonated, forged or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the recruitment exercise. Such candidate shall also be handed over to the police for prosecution.
14.)The period of Aptitude Test and Certificate Screening is 8 – 12 December 2014
15.) Computer literacy is an added advantage for all candidates.
GUIDE TO CANDIDATES ON EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY CATEGORY
A1 – Marine Engineer Artificer
- OND in Marine or Mechanical Engineering (at least lower Credit) and must also possess SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
A2 – Weapon Electrical Artificers
- OND in Electrical Electronic Engineering (at least lower Credit) and must also possess SSCE/ equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
A3 – Aircraft Engineering Artificers (Airframe Engine) Qualification
- Certificate/Diploma in Airframe &Engine recognized by ICAO and must also posses SSCE or equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
A4 – Aircraft Engineering Artificers (Avionics & Aircraft Electrics, Electrical / Electronics)
- Certificate/Diploma in Aircraft Electrics & Avionics recognized by ICAO and must possess SSCE equivalent with 5 credits, inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry .
A5 – Hull Engineer Artificers
- OND in Marine or Mechanical Engineering (at least lower Credit) and must also possess SSCE/ equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
B1 – Marine Engineer Mechanics
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Also intermediate City & Guilds or Trade Test II could be considered. Technical biasness is an advantage
B2 – Weapon Electrical Mechanics
- SSCE/ equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Also intermediate City & Guilds or Trade Test II could be considered, technical bias is an advantage.
B3 – Hull Mechanical/Fitters
- As in B1 and B2 with additional trade in plumbing, welding, machining or woodwork.
B4 – Automobile Mechanics
B5 – Dockyard Mechanics
C1 – Communications
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language, Maths and Physics.
C2 – Information Technology
- OND in Computer Studies, Programming or Engineering (at least lower Credit) and must also possess 5 Credits inclusive of English Language and Maths.
D1 – Seaman
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language and Maths.
D2 – Survey Recorders
- OND in Land Survey, Cartography, Geographic Information System (at least Lower Credit) and must also possess SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths, Physics or Geography or Technical Drawing.
D3 – Physical Training Instructors
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits Inclusive of English. Interest and proven talents in sports as well as evidence of participation in sports at Secondary School/State/YSFON level is required.
D4 – Chaplain Assistants
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language and Christian Religious Knowledge. Two years experience as clergy/church worker as well as letter of recommendation by 2 Clerics/churches recognized by the NN is required.
D5 – Mosque Assistants
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of Arabic, Islamic Religious Knowledge and English Language. Two years experience as Imam/Mosque attendant as well as letter of recommendation by 2 Islamic clerics/organizations recognized by the NN is required.
D6 – Firemen
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language.
E1 – Writers
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language, Maths, Accounts/Economics. Computer skill is compulsory. Also OND/NCE in Accounts or Secretariat Administration would be added advantage.
E2 – Store Assistants
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language, Maths and Economics. Computer skill is an added advantage.
E3 – Caterers
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English language and Home Management/Food Nutrition. Certificate or Navy proven experience as a Waiter or Steward is an advantage.
E4 – Ordinance
- 5 credits in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other 2 subjects.
E5 – Project Technicians
- OND in relevant discipline such as Architecture, Quantity Survey, Civil/Structure/Building technology, Electrical/ Mechanical installation, Urban and Rural Planning, Estate Management, Land Economy and must also possess SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language, Maths and Physics.
F1 – Medical Assistants
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits in English Language, Maths, Chemistry, Biology/Health Science and Physics.
F2 – Medical Records/Health Administration
- OND/Professional qualification in Medical Records or Health Administration (at least Lower Credit) and must also possess SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language, Maths and Biology/Health Science.
F3 – Physiotherapist, Public Health, Occupational Therapist, Dental Therapist and Dental Lab Assistants
- OND/Professional Qualification in relevant fields and must also possess SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits In English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Health Science and Maths.
G – Bandsmen
- SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language. Certificate in music and proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
H – Drivers/Mechanics
- SSCE/Equivalent with 5 credit inclusive of English Language. Current Mechanic apprenticeship certificate and evidence of driving experience as well as a letter of recommendation [as a mechanic] from past or present employer is required.
J – Journalists
- OND in Mass Communication, Journalism, Photography, Printing Technology, Information Library, Public Relations, Graphic Arts, Film Making and Cinematography and must also possess SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits inclusive of English Language and Maths
K – Nurses
- Single qualification RN and double qualification in any relevant qualification such as RM, A&E, ENT, Psychiatric, Paediatric, Orthopaedic/Trauma, Ophthalmic, Anaesthetic, Public Health, Occupational Health, Nephrology/Dialysis all Theatre Nursing and must also possess SSCE/equivalent with 5 credits including English Language, Maths, Biology/Health Science, Physics and Chemistry.
N – Education
- NCE in Arts/Science/Technical subjects in addition to SSCE/equivalent with 5 Credits inclusive of English Language and Maths for Science/Technical subjects or 5 credits Including English Language and at least a pass in Maths for Arts subjects.
- Possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB (English and Mathematics inclusive)
- Be between the ages of 18-22 years while 24years is the acceptable limit for those with OND, NCE, Nurses etc. Candidates with higher qualification than the once specified in the guidelines should not apply
- Applicants must be single and of Nigerian Origin by birth
- Required height of 1.7m for male and 1.67m for female
- Check for full detailed instruction below
General Information for Interested Candidates to Note
- The recruitment exercise will commence with an aptitude test and screening of certificates of candidates at designated centres for various states nationwide from 8-12 December 2014.
- You are advised to carefully read the instruction page on the website or call the following support lines from 9am to 4pm on working days: 08124511398 and 08159999011.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to give any form of gratification or inducement to any person or group of persons to assist them on the recruitment exercise.
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 Credits in no more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB (English and Maths inclusive).
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 22 years of age by 31st December 2014 while 24 years is the acceptable limit for those with OND, NCE, Nurses, etc. Candidates with higher qualification than the once specified in the guidelines should not apply.
- Applicants must be single and of Nigerian Origin by birth.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.70 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.67 meters tall.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for qualifying aptitude test and the result placed on the website, notices will be duly published in national dailies.
- Applicants are to choose a center of their choice for the qualifying Aptitude Test.
State of Origin/ Zonal Recruitment Centre
1.) Lagos & Ogun
NNS QUORRA, Naval Base Apapa LAGOS
2.) Osun & Oyo
HQ 2 Mech Div, Nigerian Army IBADAN
3.) Ekiti & Ondo
323 Artilery Regiment AKURE
NNS DELTA, Naval Base WARRI
4 Infantry Brigade, Benin
6.) Abia & Imo
Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School OWERRINTA
7.) Bayelsa & Rivers
Nigerian Navy Hydro Sch Borokiri PORT HARCOURT
302 Field Arty Regt, Nigerian Army Onitsha
9.) Enugu & Ebonyi
HQ, 82 Division Nigerian Army ENUGU
72 Paratrooper BN Nigerian Army MAKURDI
11.) Bauchi & Gombe
Nigerian Army Armour Centre, BAUCHI
12.) Plateau & Nassarawa
177 BN Nigerian Army, Keffi
13.) Niger & FCT
Naval Unit Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja
Nigerian Air Force Base, KADUNA
15.) Borno & Yobe
21 Armoured Brigade, MAIDUGURI
16.) Adamawa & Taraba
23 Armoured Brigade YOLA
17.) Katsina & Zamfara
35 Infantry BN, Katsina
18.) Kano & Jigawa
Nigerian Air Force Base, KANO
19.) Akwa-Ibom & Cross River
NNS VICTORY, Naval Base CALABAR
20.) Kogi and Kwara
Nigerian Navy School of Health Sciences (NNSHS) – OFFA
21.) Sokoto & Kebbi
26 Motorized BN, SOKOTO
Online Application Starts
27th October, 2014.
Application Closing Date
30th November 2014.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested members of the public are requested to note the following information on method of application:
- Apply online at the recruitment portal www.joinnigeriannavy.com using a recruitment e-voucher purchased with a bank card issued by any Nigerian bank or voucher purchased from any branch of Union Bank or Unity Bank nationwide at the sum of One Thousand Naira (N1,000:00) only
- Log on to the above mentioned link using the serial number of the voucher as username and the pin number as the password
- Complete the application form, submit online and print a copy each
- Come along to the designated examination and recruitment centers with copies of their online completed Forms.
Register to join the Nigerian Navy in five (5) easy steps:
- Step 1: Purchase Voucher: Purchase an e-voucher here with a bank card issued by any Nigerian bank or voucher purchased from any branch of Union Bank or Unity Bank nationwide at the sum of One Thousand Naira (N1,000.00) only.
- Step 2: PIN Registration: Using the PIN Registration on this page to validate your voucher and gain access to the portal. Enter your Voucher Serial Number and PIN. Click Next button.
- Step 3: If your PIN is valid, you will see option to enter your Name and E-mail on the portal. Click Sign-Up. You will be taken to the e-Recruitment form. Note: If you need to log next time, you will need your Serial Number and PIN so make sure you retain your voucher.
- Step 4: Complete the e-Recruitment form. Make sure you review your data carefully before submitting. Print a copy of your form.
- Step 5: Come to the designated recruitment centers for various states nationwide from 8 – 12 December 2014 with your completed e-Recruitment form and certificates for an aptitude test and screening of certificates.Register to enroll with the Nigerian Navy in five (5) easy steps:
SUBMISSION OF FORM
On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and print out all that are required.
Click Here To Start Application
NB: Candidates are to choose the zonal recruitment centres corresponding to their state of origin for the recruitment exercise.
- For Technical Support Please Call: 08178847108, 08178847109, 08178847110, 08178847112 or Email [email protected] available between 8:30am and 5:00pm
- For Position / Course Requirement Enquires, Please Call Nigerian Navy on: 08124511398, 08159999011 available between 8:30am and 4:30pm.