The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Unit Head – Listings Analyst
Division: Legal and Regulation Division
Department: Listing Regulation Department
Report to: Ag. Head – Listings Regulation
Grade: Deputy Manager – Senior Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Friday, December 1st, 2017
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Exchange needs an industry professional with a strong personality, good people management skills and the ability to work as a team player to support the Department and Division.
- The individual will be required to have a thorough understanding of The Exchange’s policies, overall mission and strategy, as well as a strong finance/legal background experience preferably with experience from a listed company.
- The Team Lead will report to the Head of Department who has the overall responsibility for the administration and execution of the activities of the Listings Regulation Department by ensuring that listing applications meet The Exchange’s listing requirements, ensuring compliance of listed companies with The Exchange’s listing regulations and enforcing the listings rules in a manner that is fair efficient and transparent.
- Receive applications from companies and government and assign to officers
- Assign officers and where necessary, attend facility visits of new companies seeking listing
- Review draft appraisal and ensure that they are of high standards
- Ensure that appraisals are circulated to DH and CEO 10 days before QCN
- Forward approved appraisals from CEO to Council Secretariat for circulation to QCN members within the prescribed time frame
- Track new regulatory rules and policies and align them with NSE processes and procedures
- Evaluate new rules and regulations before they are exposed to stakeholders and make recommendations where necessary
- Propose and formulate new rules, policies and polices
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on matters relating to listings prospects
- Support the enterprise strategy of the organization
- Liaise with Product Management Department on matters relating to Market Makers for listing of new companies
- Representing The Exchange in meetings
- Facilitate Regulatory meetings with issuers
- Prepare Memo for EXCO for migrating companies to Premium Board
- Present appraisals to QCN and ensure that recommendations to QCN are in line with NSE’s objective and overall best interest of the market. Follow up with Council Secretariat to ensure decisions of QCN are circulated to applicants and implemented by other stakeholders as appropriate
- Document knowledge of Unit’s Role and function via process flow
- Facilitate Graduate Trainee Programs and ATS sessions and Interviews
- Coach new hires and Graduate Trainees within the Unit
- Carry out the streamlining of listing process with SEC by researching and aligning with best global practice
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of BSc in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Law or related fields
- MBA or Professional qualifications in Finance, i.e., ACA, ACCA, CPA, CFA etc
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years work experience in the financial services sector
- Analytical Thinking
- Management Acumen
- Attention to Detail
- Inter-Personal Relations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply