Nila is a Nigerian incorporated dynamic design and construction company with over 12 years of combined experience in architecture, construction, and interior design. At Nila, we are dedicated to organizations or individuals seeking revolutionary or cutting-edge designs and constructions. Through our team of young skilled and creative professionals, we offer end-to-end services from turnkey building construction to the design and manufacture of cutting-edge home fittings, kitchens, wardrobes, and bespoke furniture. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interior Architect
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Works with clients to determine initial goals and requirements for the space to be designed.
- Collaborates with architects, engineers, painters, and builders to further understand how interior space should function, appear, and be furnished.
- Analyzes movement and use of patterns of the space.
- Prepares sketches or other visual aids to demonstrate preliminary designs to the client.
- Consults with the client to select materials, furnishings, and decor.
- Uses design applications to prepare and illustrate final plans.
- Determines timelines and project costs and presents accurate estimates to clients.
- Orders or obtains necessary materials, adhering to project and budget specifications.
- Oversees the installation of materials, furniture, and other design elements.
- Ensures client satisfaction by visiting the project on completion with the client; resolves any complaints or concerns.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and materials, techniques, and other developments in interior design.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or a related field is required; coursework in computer-aided design (CAD) is highly preferred.
- Interior design certification is highly preferred.
- At least one year of related experience is required.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to apply a sense of style to create aesthetically pleasing interiors.
- Strong visual design skills including proportion and aesthetics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic understanding of building codes and inspection regulations related to interiors.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to distinguish between colors.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 13th July, 2022.