Nile University of Nigeria, is a world class university located in the heart of Nigeria, Abuja. Our university community is composed of robust, hardworking, friendly and committed staff from different nationalities all over the world that work tirelessly to help our teeming students actualize their dreams.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Lecturer
Job Ref: NUN-FENGA-003
- Reporting to the Head of Department of Architecture, Candidate should have a strong interest in teaching upper year level design studios, and an interest in one or a combination of Contemporary Practice and Urbanism and Digital Media & Digital Workflows.
Other Specific duties include:
- Supervise undergraduate, postgraduate and research students.
- Design, develop and deliver a range of programmes of study (sometimes for entirely new courses) at various levels.
- Advancing a rigorous research, creative activity and / or community engagement agenda, including collaborating across disciplines on research and outreach initiatives
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate architecture courses including special topics seminars, lecture courses and design studios
- Design and maintain virtual learning content and environments.
- Review on a regular basis course content and materials, updating when required.
- Develop and apply appropriate teaching techniques and material which create interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes:
- Candidates must hold a PhD in Architecture or in a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years teaching and research experience with at least 10 publications in national and international journals.
- Regular and consistent incorporation of innovation into teaching including development and implementation of new programmes especially involving innovative methodologies.
- Emerging record of research productivity or evidence of contributing to a successful design practice.
- Candidates must possess demonstrable competence to provide academic leadership with evidence of collaborative research work with academics within the university and elsewhere.
- Record of peer-reviewed research, patents, competition awards, design awards or other publicly acknowledged design or community engagement work.
- Demonstrated ability to teach design studio and related courses in a professional degree program, evidence of outstanding design skills, evidence of research / creative scholarship or the ability to develop and maintain an active research / creative scholarly program, and candidates holding a professional license in Architecture.
- Must have membership / registration with relevant professional bodies such as NIA and ARCON
Other attributes eligible candidates must possess include:
- Ability to identify opportunities for strategic development/improvement e.g., research projects, new courses, consultancy.
- Ability to identify (through the analysis of appropriate management information) areas requiring improved performance e.g., student numbers, student satisfaction.
- Ability to take responsibility for several key areas such as Chairing and participating in School and Institutional committees, leading projects.
- Ability to communicate and disseminate complex and conceptual ideas in a variety of ways – presentations or exhibitions at national or international conferences, reports on find.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: [email protected] quoting appropriate Reference number as the subject of their e-mail.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2021.
- Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.