Nile University of Nigeria is a Private Institution located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria.The University was established in 2009 to provide high-quality tertiary education for the country’s ever-increasing number of secondary school leavers. In 2014, Nile University established its School of Postgraduate Studies.
Today, Nile University is a member of Honoris United Universities network, the first and largest Pan-African private higher education network. With over 4,000 students (undergraduate and postgraduate), 35 undergraduate programs across six faculties, and 47 postgraduate programs across five faculties. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Professor
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Req ID: (NUN-LAW-001)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Faculty of Law seeks to appoint an erudite/highly competent Associate Professor that will take charge of the teaching and supervisory responsibilities for the faculty, undertake independent research as well as support the faculty’s research activities.
Specifically, the Associate Professor will:
- Deliver high quality teaching to students
- Design, develop and review teaching activities and materials; contribute to course/programme review and design
- Identify best and innovative practices in learning and teaching and build these into personal teaching practice
- Develop and maintain a network of research and knowledge transfer related contacts, in the University and the wider specialist community
- Maintain an understanding of how emerging research in the subject discipline can shape and improve the curriculum, and inform personal teaching practice
- Maintain a research profile, including outputs, normally of high international standing
- Give effective advice, guidance, and feedback to students, to support their academic progress
- Enhance student experience and outcomes
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes:
- Qualification: PhDs / Doctorates
- Candidates must have completed a doctorate in Law and/or an established record of accomplishment in legal research and record of high quality, innovative research and publication commensurate with their career experience.
- Candidates should have the ability to enthuse and inspire students at both undergraduate and graduate-level through tutorials, classes, lectures, and supervision.
- At least Twenty-Four (24) published articles in Peer Reviewed Journals spread as follows: Foreign: at least 20%; National: at least 50%: and Local: Maximum 30%.
- In addition to the above, candidates should have had at least Ten (10) years teaching experience in an institution of higher learning.
- Evidence of ability to teach at least two of the following subjects: Criminal Law; Commercial Law; Public Law.
- Evidence of competence in the fields mentioned above and record of scholarly work and publication of international quality, demonstrating potential to become a significant contributor in their field
- Evidence of ability to attract research and knowledge transfer funding
- Broad experience of legal education and/or legal practice
- Experience of and a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, doctoral supervision, programme development and academic innovation
- High level of written, oral and interpersonal skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document and saved with your full names) to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org please quote appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
- Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.