Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University has over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TV Studio Technologist
Location: Jabi, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head of Department, Mass Communication
- We are currently looking to engage a highly competent and result-oriented TV Studio Technologist to join our dynamic Mass Communication Department.
- Identifies the camera, audio, and lighting equipment needed for the production.
- Train students on editing, producing, and preparing files and recordings for on-air programming.
- Oversees setup of production equipment for the studio, control room, or filming location
- Train students in show formulation, content, and formatting.
- Operate studio equipment to help facilitate the flow of programmes.
- Operates cameras, video recorders, lights, microphones, and computer editing software.
- Operate the audio -video mixer consoles specifically Panasonic digital AV Mixer, Air mate audio and video mixing consoles, nonlinear editing systems, recording equipment like the DJ-Osmo handheld gimbal, Nikon cameras and Sony, Black Magic video cameras etc.
- Provide technical support with the automated system.
- Performs routine maintenance on audio and video equipment.
- Respond to inquiries and issues and assist with actions to correct problems.
- During post-production, edits footage, dubs soundtrack, and prepares final version of the program.
- Creates promotional clips using approved footage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or any related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in radio and television broadcasting or a production studio capacity.
- Membership of a certified professional body.
- Adept user of Microsoft office suite.
- Proficiency in the use of audio and video editing software like adobe audition, adobe premiere pro, after effect and final cut for post-production in iMac and Windows computers.
- Ability to effectively operate the audio -video mixer consoles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong research skills, presentation skills & notable attention to detail.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae (CV) in PDF (saved with your full name) and a Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in PDF) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
10th February, 2023.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.