Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, is a school dedicated to educating the total person – intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SEN Coordinator
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Whole-school teaching and learning responsibility in the area of SEN Inclusion.
Teaching and Learning:
- Identify and adopt the most effective teaching approaches for SEN learners.
- Monitor teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of SEN learners.
- Promote Inclusion best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the school
Recording and Assessment:
- Set targets for raising achievement among SEN learners and other groups as appropriate.
- Collect and interpret specialist assessment and performance data and share with other staff as appropriate.
- Set up systems for identifying SEN, and assessing and reviewing SEN provision. This includes creating and monitoring Individual Educational Plans (IEPs), provision maps with class teachers.
- Update the Principal and Directors on the effectiveness of provision for SEN children.
- Keep parents informed about their child’s progress through individual meetings and at parents’ meetings.
- Assist the Exams Officer in making applications for additional support, time and/or specific papers for end of Key Stage assessments.
- Maintain SEN register.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of provision.
- Provide training opportunities for parents and teachers to learn about Inclusion, including whole-school Inset.
- Disseminate good practice in Inclusion across the school.
- Identify resources needed to meet the needs of SEN learners
- Work with the Principal and Directors on the strategic development of SEN & Inclusion, including reviewing and formulating appropriate policies.
- Support learner progress meetings, recording agreed provision within provision maps.
- To keep abreast of developments in SEN (e.g. research, changes to the law) and inform staff and directors as necessary.
- Lead CPD on inclusion matters as needed across the school.
- Model good practice in teaching learners with SEN.
Other and Responsibilities:
- To willingly undertake any reasonable task requested by the Principal from time to time to support the safeguarding of staff and learners.
- To be willing to undertake the role of Designated Child Protection Co-ordinator.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 30th, July 2021.