Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, is a school dedicated to educating the total person – intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Art and Design Tutor
Particular Specific Responsibilities
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering, underpainting and other techniques
- Offer guidance to other staff members in the delivery of the subject
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- To work collaboratively in the delivery of Art in order to facilitate the effective development of the subject throughout the school.
- Provide support and advice to colleagues for cross curricula Art & Design
- Lead creative Arts & Design projects
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community
- Providing other general class teaching duties as directed by the Principal
- Providing scheduled teacher cover release
- Giving every child the opportunity to reach their potential.
- Degree level qualification.
- Postgraduate professional Qualification e.g. Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
- IGCSE Experience
- Creates an environment of trust by delivering on promises.
- Utilises report-writing skills to accurately reflect a situation through positive language.
- Applies effective verbal communication skills.
- Presents information and ideas clearly, by using language appropriate to the audience.
- Positively influences the opinions of others through factual discussion.
- Adapts personal style to suit individual situation and needs.
- Confident in leading staff meetings as appropriate.
Other Skills Required for Role:
- To be able to conduct whole class art lessons
- Balances tasks and resources in the organisation of a wide range of activities.
- Provides contingencies to deal with the unexpected.
- Thinks clearly and logically in working through a problem making referrals as appropriate.
- Anticipates workload and plans ahead.
- To be able to lead art and exhibitions across the school
- To be able to teach a wide range of artistic skills
- Demonstrates excellent classroom practice.
- Exercises flexibility in order to accommodate changes in work priorities.
- Monitors progress against key performance indicators.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Awareness of the needs of children who have a variety of needs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and profile to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th November, 2017.