Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country HR Manager
- The Country HR Manager will be primarily responsible for compliance of people related matters and projects in the country or site (such as benefits, labor relations, recruitment, restructuring, performance management, retention, OPEX control and cost saving, etc) ensuring the implementation of Nokia’s policies, procedures and guidelines is in line with current employment law and Nokia’s country strategy and demanded timelines.
- Act as company representative in country or site, both towards internal stakeholders (such as the Country Management Team, senior managers, employees and employee representatives) and external entities (such as government, universities, court), in order to provide trustful guidance on people matters
- Act as a partner contributing with a country or site view, towards managers, employees and other internal HR team members, in order to promote decision making that is fair and considers the overall impact in the country or site
- Working as part of the Regional Consulting Centre (RCC), take ownership of country or site related topics and successfully deliver commercially focused, client-responsive solutions whilst ensuring compliance with local policy and legislation
- Liaison with the RCC Head to ensure coordination of HR Consultants / the HR community in the country or site and gain their support to the line managers, both according to the Nokia procedures, as well as in line with the business demands, in order to guarantee similar support and impact among all employees
- Promote and monitor HR projects within the country or site (e.g., employees’ engagement strategy for the country, employees’ benefits package, culture and values), in order to contribute for leveraging employees’ engagement and the branding of the company within the country or site
- May serve as point of contact to labor and government regulatory agencies
- Provides advice and coaching to line managers in a Country according to established HR policies and procedures to enable people management topics.
- Leading Area/BU Regional HR Team and taking care of all people leadership and management responsibilities, expressing, driving and promoting company’s culture and values;
- Networking with the BU HR organisation in the Region/Global.
- Responsible for managing industrial relationships associated with relevant site/country
- Advise stakeholders (internal or external) about the frame of local legislation, proactively raise eventual constraints and mitigation to be considered, in order to ensure compliance in the implementation of Nokia’s management decisions
- Drive local policy on disciplinary and grievance, coordinating the necessary steps of these processes in coordination with stakeholders, in order to guarantee compliant decision making
- Region HR
- HR Business Partners
- Region Recruitment Heads
- Region TLO
- Region C&B
- Bachelor’s (Master’s?) Degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8+ years Country HR / HR Business Partner or equivalent experience ideally within a fast-paced global organisation
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Strong detail orientation, follow up and organizational skills
- Strong team player
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; proven experience of establishing, maintaining and developing working relationships at all levels
- Deep knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, HR concepts and expertise
- Experience in works council / employee representative matters, consultations and negotiations
- Knowledge and expertise related to HR policies, processes and practices of Compensation and Benefits, Recruitment and Onboarding, Performance Management, Leadership Development and Global Mobility
- Business planning and management skills
- Strong business/ labor market understanding
- Assertiveness, interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with multiple stakeholders with employees at all levels of the organisation
- Credibility and recognition of ethical behaviour
- Analytical and fast decision-making skills
- Adaptation and flexibility to act in a changing and complex environment, with a multitasking mindset.