The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: STTA Information Technology Officer
Position Start Date: Immediately
- In support of the operations the Abuja office and regional/ field offices, Creative requires the services of an STTA Information Technology Officer.
- The STTA IT Officer will be responsible for ICT helpdesk support on all IT-related hardware and software, He or she would administrate and troubleshoot issues on all IT-related activities on the ground and remotely.
- This position is based in Abuja and travel to the state offices is required.
Reporting & Supervision
- The STTA IT Officer will report to the Operations Manager based in Abuja.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure smooth functioning of all staff desktop computers, internet connection, and IP telephones
- Responsible for IT inventory; work closely with the Operations manager and procurement team to monitor distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a quarterly inventory check-up
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources
- Participate in writing IT office policy
- Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates
- Any other IT-related work as required.
- Provide technical services and needed support on all IT related issues, including installation and testing of workstations, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration
- Perform user desktop files backup/ synchronization to Company SharePoint and OneDrive
- Perform regular monitoring of staff desktop file backup/ synchronization to ensure proper functioning
- Install and troubleshoot IT related issues on all computers, phones, internet dongles/modems, printers, printer toners/cartridges, photocopiers tones/ cartridges, etc.
- Monitor printer cartridges usage and other consumables for all the printers at NERI offices.
- Identify and solve possible problems in the network and internet connectivity
- Work with third parties for installations such as cabling, Internet connection, etc.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience
- Minimum two years of experience working with international organizations.
- Fluency in English and in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: [email protected]
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A Cover Letter.
Application Deadline 26th July, 2018.
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.