The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: STTA Training Facilitator
Employment Type: Contract
- The STTA Training Facilitator will be responsible for coordinating the training planned for community women and youth in Nghar community, Barkin Ladi LGA to enhance their capabilities on Early Warning, Early Response (EWER), and traditional methods of dialogue and mediation to prevent and mitigate the impacts of violent conflict and thereby increase community security.
- The STTA Training Facilitator will coordinate closely with the STTA Trainer, leading all administrative functions during the activity’s EWER response training, including handling trainee seating arrangements, documenting attendance of participants, photography, and note-taking during training in addition to supporting the drafting of the STTA Trainer’s activity report.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Training Facilitator will report to the NERI Program Manager – Jos during the period of performance. The STTA Administrator will remain in close communications with the STTA Trainer.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading all administrative duties during the early warning and early response, dialogue, and mediation training, including arranging trainee seating, documenting participant attendance, taking pictures, and note taking towards the activity report.
- Supporting the STTA Trainer during the material preparation, setting up, and facilitation of the training on early warning and early response, dialogue, and mediation.
- Meeting with the NERI team to gain feedback, implementation strategy, guidance, etc.
- Support the successful coordination of the training in a professional manner.
- Support the STTA Trainer before, during, and after the early warning systems training, as needed.
- Support the STTA Trainer in drafting the training report.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the Program Manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of a BSC/HND in social sciences, humanities, or relevant equivalent is required.
- A minimum of two years of specific work experience is required.
- Understanding of the sociopolitical and conflict landscape of Plateau state
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record-keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Excellent report writing skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa language.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their current resumes listing all work experience/qualifications and cover letter to: [email protected] using the job title and location as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2021.