Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior HR and Administration Officer
Reporting To: Finance, Admin and Logistics Manager
Number of positions: 1
Department / Sector: Operations
Job Location: MMC with travels to field locations
- The Senior HR & Admin Officer is the team leader of the NCA’s Human Resources and Administration.
- Responsible for coordination, support, compliance with the policies, payroll administration and general HR matters concerning NCA and staff.
- Co-ordinate the induction of new staff to the programme
- Provide advice, support and information to Staff and Managers on all personnel issues, including: Contracts, Terms and conditions of employment, Policies and procedures, Performance management, Staff welfare, Salaries.
- Follow up on comprehensive and constructive performance reviews and probationary period reviews completion on a timely basis.
- Conduct de-briefs with staff leaving the programme.
- Liaise with relevant supervisors to ensure staff exit procedures are followed, this includes ensuring de-briefs and end of contracts (including end dates, outstanding leave, money and assets owed to programme returned) clearance is finalized.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of innovative and flexible personnel policy and practice.
- Co-ordinate the induction of National Staff
- Liaise with Government agencies on recruitment and statutory regulations
- Ensure that national staff are recruited in a timely manner following internal procedures and guidelines
- Support managers in the writing of job descriptions, shortlisting and interviews
- Participating on interview panel for key positions
- Assist Managers in the management of all personnel systems, procedures and regulations.
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are in compliance with policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Ensure that good quality information is provided to staff on contracts, terms and conditions etc.
- Oversea the issuing of contracts for all national staff
- Be the focal point for all personnel queries regarding national staff.
- Liaise with other agencies to ensure compatibility of terms and conditions for national staff
- Act as focal point for national staff queries regarding terms and conditions.
- Coordinate and oversee administrative sector duties of housekeeping, availability of consumables and utilities are paid
- Follow up on contracts to ensure validity and renewals are done in timely fashion
- Oversee flight movements and bookings both in the field and Abuja, including accommodation
- Official communication to staff on various matters public holidays, information from management, recruitment etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree in HR or Public Administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of employing international and national staff and setting and national staff terms and conditions.
- At least 5 years working experience of working with non-governmental organizations and or in a similar position
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with sensitivity, discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships across different groups of people.
- Proven adaptability and stamina in demanding situations.
- An interest in and ability to grasp the complexity of different HR situations, policies and practice and communicate this well to staff.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as in collaboration with others.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience of managing personnel budgets
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with general legal employment concepts
- NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments, and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 11th March, 2020
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Cover Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.