The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager-Livelihoods and Food Security
- The purpose of the Livelihoods and Food Security Project Manager position is to lead in the implementation of the EU funded project “Support to Response, Recovery and Resilience in Borno State”.
- The Project Manager (PM) Livelihoods and Food Security reports to the Programme Development Manager for Livelihoods and Food Security.
- Line management for project staff under the EU funded project
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and LFS strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant LFS projects
- Coordinate and manage the EU project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the PDM
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with PDM) and coordinate across CCs
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical livelihoods and food security expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Qualified in any of the following: B.Sc in Civil, Agricultural, Irrigation Engineering; Bsc Agronomy, Agriculture Economics with major in Water and Irrigation or equivalent
- Work experience from the Sahel and West African context preferred
- Work experience of implementation through /with remote access
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- A good sense of humour an asset.
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: March 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 8 in NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with 50% travel
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2018.
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location