The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: The ICLA Officer.
- Learning and understanding of NRC’s work and programmes
- Understanding NRC internal processes including; HR, finance, logistics and security standard operating procedures
- Participate in community engagement
- Learning and being able to apply protection principles and implement gender mainstreaming in ICLA project
- Participating in and learning the criteria for beneficiary selection
- Must be a Fresh Graduate of Law who has not attended law school
- Must have a minimum GP of 2.5
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the regional languages (kanuri, Hausa)
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- Commencement: April, 2018
- Duration: 6 months
- According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty Station: Maiduguri. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.