The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Technical Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4226364599
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Full Time / Part-time: Full-time
Employment Type: Contract
- NRC is looking for a Logistics Technical Assistant for our field office in Abuja, FCT in Northern Nigeria. The position of Logistics Assistant will be based in Abuja.
- H/She will be responsible for specific tasks related to Procurement, store management, vehicle and generator management and assets at the Abuja Office.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) order to address identified humanitarian needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and drivers procedures
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, and dispatch of all stock at the Abuja Office ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for the same.
- Ensure that assets are tagged before being dispatched to the field.
- To also ensure asset movement is tracked in the Asset Register
- Assist the Logistics Officer with Procurement – collecting quotes, generating procurement documents as may be required.
- Ensure that all vehicle records and reports including logbooks, accident reports, etc are filled appropriately.
- Keep a log of the generators and ensure that fuel consumption is monitored and recorded appropriately
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilization and carpool reports
- Ensure the NRC fleet is utilized and optimized accordingly.
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles
- Coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure all drivers fill movement logbooks and that logbook is signed by the passengers.
- University degree in a related field
- Knowledge of the local market
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a Logistics department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
- Commencement: May 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 4, Step 1
- Duty station: Abuja with occasional travels. Travel outside Abuja is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 29th April, 2020.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
- This is for Nigeria Nationals only