The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Provides basic assistance, information and/or training to staff on ICT policies and procedures including hardware and software.
- Maintain an accurate asset management system and documentation at office level
- Adheres to NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency principles in all processes.
- Identifies ICT problems, develop and implement technical solutions.
- Ensure ICT equipment’s, hardware, software and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet…)
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment’s.
- Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable Internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level…),
- Implement NRC filling system (electronic files) at country level
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
- At least 1 year’ experience from working as an ICT Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented experience in related to network management
- Degree in Computer Science, ICT or related degree
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Professional qualification in Networking, Programming
- Masters will be an added advantage
- Must be able to work under pressure
Context/ Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good knowledge of Nigeria context (Internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: 6 month with possibility of extension
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
- Duty station: Maiduguri.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letter and updated CV’s to: [email protected] The title of the position (ICT Assistant – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered and shortlisting will be done on a roll-in basis.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
Application Deadline: 16th July, 2017.