Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. Our company is focused on industry-leading divisions with innovation power and global scale: pharmaceuticals, eye care and generic medicines We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Advisor
Location: Lagos. Nigeria
Job ID: 373416BR
Job type: Full Time
Employment Type: Regular
Functional Area: Research & Development
Business Unit: Global Health & Sustainability
- Responsible for supporting the design, implementation and execution of Medical Affairs plans for assigned Therapy Area, providing scientific information, helping design and organise clinical studies, building educational dialogue with KOLs and regulatory stakeholders
Major accountabilities are:
- Support country medical affairs strategy in line with the global strategy, country insights and market conditions, & secure implementation of planned Medical Affairs activities within the designated therapy area(s).
- Coordinate scientific meeting, symposia, congresses, Continuous Medical Education (CME) and other medical / scientific exchange and engagement activities which could bring additional value to the relevant therapy area; develop strategic engagement plan(s) for country customer-facing medical activities and events, and ensure timely execution of planned medical affairs activities in an efficient and compliant way.
- Ensure medical enquiries are responded to in a high quality, timely manner, and in accordance with applicable standards; establish standard response documents as appropriate, for frequently asked questions.
- Provide medical/scientific input into the development and execution of clinical trial or clinical research related activities, including initiation and oversight of clinical studies / clinical research within the respective therapeutic area. Support country strategy for Non Interventional Studies/Investigator Initiated Trial activities.
- Coordinate review and approval of medical materials and locally developed promotional materials; ensure medical materials provided from global or region for stakeholder engagement and events are tailored to local needs, and reviewed/approved per local/P3 guidelines.
- Ensure medical insights are provided to cross functional groups, including, but not restricted to: Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory affairs, Market Access, QA, Commercial teams, Brand team and others.
- Responsible for risk identification and assessment, mitigation planning as well as implementation and monitoring of appropriate internal controls within the area of responsibilities.
- Reporting of technical complaints / adverse events / special case scenarios related to Novartis products within 24 hours of receipt -Distribution of marketing samples (where applicable)
- Candidates should possess an MD, PHD, Pharm D
- Good proficiency in English.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online