Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Our mission is to build resilience corridors of strong, locally owned farmer cooperatives driving profitable livelihoods in vulnerable communities of the Northeast. Nuru Nigeria prioritizes the smallholder farmers it serves and works to cultivate lasting meaningful choices through a community led, community driven and community sustained livelihood programs across the agriculture value chain. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Job code: NNJ.2021.13
Employment Type: Full-time
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a 9 Months period, renewable based on funding and performance.
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Nuru Nigeria is seeking a Logistics Assistant (LA) who will be responsible for coordination and general logistics arrangement for the project.
- The logistics assistant will provide administrative support to this project on the field based on the guidance of the Deputy Program Director/Project Coordinator.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Logistics Assistant will report to the Field Office Manager in close collaboration with the Deputy Program Director
Under the supervision of the Field Office Manager , the logistics assistant is to carry out the following duties;
- Provide administrative support and facilitate various activities for the team.
- Responsible for monitoring goods transported and delivered for timeliness and quality assurance.
- Assist in inventory management, sorting, and stocking of goods at the farmers training centers
- Responsible for the review, verification, and reconciliation of administrative documents before forwarding to the finance, procurement or other authorities as required
- Provide support in completing paperwork, tracking and documentation for Vehicle Hire and
- Support with developing and preparing complex databases, reports, and/or presentation material for the logistics unit
- Facilitate and support employees travels
- Support the Program Officers during community engagements to ensure the necessary logistics arrangements are complete
- Provide support in the maintenance of electronic filing .
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- HND / B.Sc in a relevantfield
- At least 4 years proven experience in a similar role preferably within a development organisation.
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with suppliers, colleagues and NN beneficiaries
- High standards of integrity; professionalism and impartiality
- Must be able to exhibit high level of confidentiality
- Well-developed organizational and file management skills
- Knowledge on Logistics and procurement best practices.
- Working knowledge of the best practices in fleet management and general administration.
- Fluency in Hausa Language
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
Nuru Nigeria Offers:
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 5th September, 2021.
Non – discriminatory Employment Clause:
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status,age,disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.