O3 Athletics Foundation is a Non-governmental organization that engages Nigerian youths and gives them an opportunity to build a career in Athletics. We are a team of Coaches, Trainers, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Project Managers, working together to continuously produce World and Olympics champions by leveraging on a structured grassroots scouting network, dedicated nurturing, and early exposure to international competitions.
We are recruiting to fill the following Graduate and Experienced positions below:
Job Title: Volunteer Fundraiser
- Developing new and imaginative fundraising activities raising awareness of the Foundation and its work at local and national levels, e.g. by giving talking to groups or seeking opportunities with the media;
- Increasing funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity’s aims and activities;
- Motivating and facilitating supporters to maximize the funds they raise;
- Inspiring new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters;
- Developing and implementing a strategy for individual and corporate supporter recruitment and development;
- Recruiting, organizing and managing volunteers to carry out various functions within the Foundation;
- Overseeing corporate fundraising, including employee giving and matched giving from employers;
- Managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preference information;
- Writing applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a range of potential and current donors;
- Making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- HND/B.Sc/B.A in relevant field
Job Title: Volunteer – Social Media Specialist
- Works closely with Head of Strategy to create engaging content for the Foundation’s social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
- Manages company social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Optimizes content following search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Assists social media management with large projects, events, and community management
- Works as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Works with marketing team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Writes and distributes e-newsletters to subscribers
- Manages social media communications
Skills and Qualifications
- Marketing degree preferred, technology skills, content writing, graphic design, campaign execution, teamwork, self-motivation, strong communication skills, networking, idea presentation, SEO, proofreading, strong customer-service skills, detail-oriented, collaboration.
Job Title: Volunteer – Event Coordinator
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Creating event proposals which fit client requirements and presenting proposals by deadline
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, and guest list
- Delegating event planning tasks to other members where necessary
- Demonstrating to clients strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings and taking clients on tours of venue possibilities
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
- Staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary crafting marketing materials such as print and Internet advertisements for individual events
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities
- Planning multiple events at once
Job Skills and Requirements
- Communication: Event coordinators talk to clients, listening to their needs and presenting ideas and solutions to their requirements. They also work with suppliers, contractors, employees, wait staff and many other parties at the same time. Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Calm Under Pressure: Many things can go wrong during an event, and something eventually will. Event coordinators need to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Computer Skills: Modern event planners rely on computers to communicate, plan, budget and organize their events.
- Negotiation Skills: Event coordinators will need negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
- Organization: Many things happen all at once at meetings. Event coordinators need to stay focused and organized so that the event goes off without a hitch.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Inevitably, something will go wrong at an event. Being able to quickly solve the issue is required.
- HND/B.Sc/B.A qualification
- Age: 23-29
Job Title: Volunteer – Zonal Coordinator
- Planning strategies and implementation of the organization’s programs and services.
- Serving as a representative of the organization while attending meetings.
- Organize Athletics competitions within the Zone.
- Develop monthly dashboards for top management
- Escalate issues to top management on an exception-basis (including resource challenges, customer negotiations, key accounts management, etc.)
- Make cross-functional decisions within the zone and on behalf of the region, with guidance from top management in exceptional items
- Disseminate field level information across different relevant functions to facilitate creative improvements
- Accomplish target revenue and goals for the zone
- Collaboratively set zonal vision and business plan; prioritize in accordance with overall Company’s objectives
- Take up responsibility of additional special projects, as required
- Good knowledge of sports in general and athletics in particular
- Should be resident in the zone applied for
- Proven leadership skills
- Adept in data analysis
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Supervisory or management experience, preferably of a sales force
- Demonstrated record of achievement in a prior position
- Should be open to travel across states in the zone, on a regular basis (up to 50% of the time)
- Age: 27-35
- Qualification: HND/B.Sc/B.A
Application Closing Date: 25th April, 2017.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s with passport photograph to: [email protected]