Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market. At Oando, we always on the look out for highly skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated people who can contribute to our continuing success.
Oando Nigeria Limited is recruiting for the position of:
Job Position: Business Development Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Vacancy Code: BDO/FT//90390
Reports To: Business Development
- The Business Development Officer position in Oando Gas & Power Ltd. provides analytical and administrative support to the Business Development Unit.
- He/she is responsible for performing analytical tasks to support project initiation, engineering and construction services management efforts related to the business development efforts in the gas and power sectors.
- The Business Development Officer performs technical and analytical research/studies of energy usage trends in the Nigerian market and other relevant economies, as well as natural gas and electricity demand, power cost, rates, potential revenues, margins and profits and the overall viability of individual transactions and projects. More importantly, the position incumbent is required to develop comprehensive financial models which enable/aid business scenario planning and enable decision making efforts.
- The Business Officer also makes preparation and presentation for pitches to close business deals.
Finally, the Business Development officer is able to apply the use of specialised computer software/programs to in-depth spreadsheet and statistical analyses, and for the presentation of critical information to key decision makers within Oando Gas and Power and the larger Group.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops a good understanding of the fundamental drivers of business value creation within the gas and power industry/business, and within the context of the Oando Group of Companies.
- Conducts technical and analytical research/studies of energy usage trends in the Nigerian market and other relevant economies; also prepares company, industry, competitor and economic outlook analytical reports and briefing notes.
- Makes summaries of research conducted to aid decision making efforts.
- Uses relevant data on gas and electricity demand, power cost, rates etc. to develop basic/fundamental assumptions for financial models.
- Develop/build financial models for determining/capturing the required capital structures for potential transactions based on underlying business assumptions identified.
- Maintains/documents revisions to financial models and other business documents.
- Analyses data gathered on potential revenues, margins, profits etc., and draws useful insights into current and potential business issues as opportunities are identified; makes appropriate recommendations for business structure, contracts and various deals/business transactions.
- Develops marketing pitches, new business proposals and other forms of communications to external parties.
- Supports the Business Development Unit in the preparation and presentation of pitches to close New Deals.
- Delivers basic internal presentations on the gas and power business and other relevant matters.
- Analyses financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Build and maintain business relationship with industry and government stakeholders.
- Keeps up-to-date with industry, market and customer developments e.g. economic changes in relevant countries, political events, regulatory changes, customer business growth and resulting changes in their energy requirements etc.; builds these into demand and supply forecasts and estimates for future business growth.
- Provides adequate and effective project administration – develops action plans and work schedules as appropriate to meet job objectives; Interprets work briefs and provides progress reporting, highlighting constraints, opportunities and risks; also interfaces with other functions (finance, compliance, tax, legal, insurance, EHS, technical/engineering etc) as and when required to ensure the successful execution of projects.
- Supports the execution of strategy and process analysis frameworks with assistance.
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated by the BDM and/or the EDCD from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Level of understanding of business issues/problems and the translation of this knowledge into recommendations for financial, business and/or technical solutions
- Quality, comprehensiveness, accuracy and adequacy of research and analysis conducted
- Timeliness, accuracy, completeness and usefulness of financial models built
- Usefulness/effectiveness of business solutions recommended
- Effectiveness of project support and administration efforts (strength of organisational, planning and reporting skills)
- Effectiveness of teaming/ability to work well with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstration of company values (Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Professionalism, Passion).
Qualifications and Skills
- A first degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other numerate discipline.
- 2-3 years work experience in relevant functional areas such as Operations, Marketing & Business Development, preferably in an International Energy Company
- Understanding of basic corporate finance principles; demonstrated technical skills in financial analysis and modelling is critical.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Oil & Gas Industry History and Dynamics (In-depth knowledge of laws and regulations would be a plus)
- Research, Business Analysis & Problem Solving.
- Basic principles of electricity.
- IPP, Generation, Distribution & other operations (desirable).
- Corporate Finance fundamentals.
- Financial Modelling.
- Basic Accounting (B/Sheet, P&L analysis, key ratios).
- Entrepreneurial Skills.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Project Administration.
- Team playing.
- Self confidence, drive and tenacity.
- Oral & Written Communication.
- Office Automation.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online