Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange with shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Business Development Support
Jobe Code: BDS///21806
- The primary function and responsibility of the Business Development Support is to develop and execute effective marketing strategies that target potential and existing customers in order to grow the company’s import supply business (PMS, AGO, DPK, ATK, Others).
- The position incumbent is also responsible for transaction processing, documentation support and some level of involvement in the execution and monitoring of daily trades.
- The role is expected to maintain/monitor relationships with key potential and existing clients and relevant regulatory authorities and provide quantitative/qualitative research support for new strategic initiatives proposed by the company.
- The role ensures the currency of market, supplier and customer data, and performs required analysis to identify potential risks and other business issues.
- The Business Development Support also maintains a very close working relationship with the Legal, Finance and Operations Departments to ensure a seamless process is worked in executing spot and long-term contracts. He/She;
- Formulates market research goals and objectives in accordance with the Company’s growth, profitability, and expansion objectives; and makes suitable recommendations to the Head, Business Development.
- Supports the company’s strategic planning and budgeting processes with comprehensive data (including but not limited to market share performance metrics, industry, sector, supplier, customer and competitor information) and other relevant business information and ideas for the portfolio of products.
- Provides predictive data through research of customer buying patterns, segment trends and product utilisation requirements and identifies opportunities to create and/or optimise value in the local and regional supply & trading market.
- Provides market segmentation analysis to assist in determining growth objectives for short- and long-term forecasting
- Conducts comprehensive market research and analysis to obtain deep understanding of market size, potential opportunities for Oando S &T
- Complies with approved decision-making and monitoring systems, processes, procedures and policies and ensures effective controls are adhered to in handling job duties
- Maintains excellent relationships with key regulatory officials (e.g. PPMC), and obtains all necessary information as may be required, to facilitate the successful conduct of trades
Key performance Indicators
- Volumes/Value of Sales transactions generated (Gross Margin contribution)
- Quality, comprehensiveness, timeliness and accuracy of data provided to Traders.
- Quality and depth of analysis and usefulness of recommendations proffered.
- Effectiveness of trading support provided.
- Levels of adherence to laid down policies, processes and procedures.
- A good University degree.
- 2 – 4 years work experience within a reputable and structured organisation (financial institution, energy trading company etc.).
- Exposure to commodities trading activities is an advantage.
Knolledge and Skills Required
- Strong analytical skill
- Networking & Relationship Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- Political Savvy
- Team playing
- Oral & Written Communication
- Basic understanding of Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics & World Markets
- Basic understanding of Energy Trading Markets
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applicants should first of all login into their account with Oando Career Portal before application, new users should click here to register