The Obafemi Awolowo University is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as The University of Ife. The University is situated on a vast expanse of land totaling 11,861 hectares in Ile-Ife, Osun State, southwest of Nigeria.
The Post of the Bursar of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, will be vacant by 10th May, 2018.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the day-to-day administratIon and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- The Bursar shall hold office for a period of five years from the effective date of his/her appointment and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The person to be appointed must have exhibited in the past, considerable ability, competence, industry and integrity. He or she must be proactive and capable ofefficient and effective management of a coordinated system of deccntralized Bursary.
- He/she must possess good human relations.
Qualification and Experience
- The applicant must possess a good University honours Degree in Accounting or related discipline with at least 10 years relevant experience preferably in University accounting system or that of comparable institution of higher learning, Industry, commerce or any other arms of the Public Service.
- Possession of a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage while adequate knowledge of computer applications and Certificate of the Final Examinations of any of the recognized bodies viz: ICAN, ANAN, ACCA or any other recognized and acceptable accounting professional qualification.
- The applicant must have served for at least five (5) years in Senior Management position not lower than Deputy Bursar or its equivalent.
- The candidate should not be older than 60 years of age by May 10, 2018.
Entitlements and Benefits
- A consolidated salary as for Bursars of Federal Universities with benefits which include a subsidized hard-furnished residential accommodation on the University campus, medical care for the appointee, spouse and up to five (5) children.
- Forty-two (42) working days annual paid leave, official car and driver, Contributory Pension Scheme, gardener, and such other benefits as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the University Governing Council.
Job Title: Registrar
The Position and Duties
- The University Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, who is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except for financial matters which fall within the purview of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Convocation, Congregation and other statutory bodies as defined by the University Laws.
- He/She shall also perform all other duties assigned to him/her by the Council and/or the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
- The ideal candidate must possess a good University honours Degree and a Masters Degree.
- He/She must also have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, out of which a minimum of five (5) years must have been spent in a position not less than Deputy Registrar in a Federal University.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years only, while salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Registrars of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- The person who will be Registrar, given the complexity and scientific nature of the administrative processes of a 21st century University, must not only be a goal-getter but must also be able to show drive, exceptional initiative, great ability for institutional networking with the outside world and must have a suave mien that typifies a 21st Century world class University.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall be:
- Less than 60 years of age by June 1, 2018;
- A person of impeccable integrity and strong moral character with ability to relate excellently with staff, students and the general public;
- A person with an articulate vision for the development of the University in general and the Registry in particular. combined with a strong passion to implement the vision;
- Highly conversant with the intricacies and peculiarities of a Federal University system;
- Of good physical and mental health, pleasant disposition
- Up-to-date in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills.
- A person of strong character sound leadership skills and ability to instill confidence and engender trust in his/her members of staff;
- Devoid of any criminal record; and
- Able to demonstrate sagacity and wisdom in the face of erisis or undesirable situations.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) copies of word-processed applications and up-to-date detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three (3) referees to the Vice-Chancellor and marked ‘Confidential: for the attention of the Vice-Chancellor’ at the left hand top corner of the envelope. Late applications will NOT be entertained and only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters).
- Post Applied for.
- Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit).
- State of Origin, Senatorial District and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian).
- Permanent Home Address.
- Current Postal Address/including G.S.M Telephone number.
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their Ages.
- Institutions Attended with dates.
- Academic/Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credential)
- Work Experience with dates.
- Present Employment. Status, Salary (if any).
- Service to national and international bodies.
- Extra-curricular Activities.
- Any physical challenge?
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with candidate’s academic/work experience.
- Signature and Date
Each application should include twenty-five (25) copies of the candidates Vision for the University as well as the names and addresses of three 3) referees.
Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, directly to the Vice-Chancellor, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competencies in a properly sealed envelope marked ‘Job Title of position applied for: Referee’s report” at the top left corner of the envelope within the period allowed for the submission of the application. Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to complete an online Application and print out the completed form. The printed (online application form, along with the hard copies of the application document, is to be submitted under confidential cover, to:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Application Deadline 23rd May, 2018.