Posted on :
5 Oct, 2010
Michael Page Nigeria is recruiting for a leading Company in the Oil & Gas services industry, the company provides oilfield services worldwide with increasing activities in Nigeria, they are looking for a Chief Accountant
The Chief Accountant is a key executive role with overall accountability for the accounting function. Working closely with the Managing Director and reporting to the Country Finance Controller, he/she will direct the activities of the local accounting team and ensure that the company reporting standards and procedures are met. Other responsibilities will include:
-Directing and supervising the activities of the legal entity’s accounting function , and maintenance of its fiscal and financial records,
-Preparing and communicating periodic (monthly quarterly and yearend) financial/management reports,
-Directing, supervising and training members of the local accounting team,
– Maintaining fixed asset management system records of capital assets including acquisitions, disposals, depreciation, amortization and related journal entries,
-Maintaining the inventory management system,
-Managing treasury functions, such as cash management and banking activities,
– Recommending changes and additions to accounting practices and processes in order to enhance efficiency and to comply with the requirements of the company Financial Standards,
– Maintaining a solid internal control environment with sound document retention/management practices and preparing periodic account reconciliation,
– Insuring periodic statutory and fiscal filings in compliance with local, regional and national regulations,
-Responding positively to internal and external financial/statutory audits,
– Liaising with external auditors, banking community, local authorities, advisors, and intercompany partners,
– Meeting collections and other quantitative and qualitative targets set by management.
Who we are looking for
We seek a qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years in an audit or financial position in an international company. Prior experience from a Big 4 Accounting firm and exposure to Nigerian tax system will be highly preferred. Expert knowledge of a major ERP system is required and SAP knowledge would be advantageous.
You must demonstrate strong financial, analytical. In addition, you convey confidence and composure and demonstrate your ability to work under time pressure and ability to meet deadlines.
The position is based in Lagos. Rotational status can be considered.
What’s on offer
Excellent salary + bonus & benefits and career prospects
Michael Page Contact
Your application will be sent to Igor Rochette
Reference : QIRO572391