Posted on :
5 Oct, 2010
Reporting to the Country Manager, this person will assist, and ultimately assume responsibility for legal support in connection with the company’s activities in Nigeria. They will be expected to advise on all local legal issues.
Key accountabilities include:
– Supporting management with up to date information on legal and contractual matters,
– Managing administration including branch registration and related legal issues,
– Liaising with authorities and government offices with regard to legal and contractual matters,
– Ensuring the company, its partners and agreements are in compliance with the OECD law, the company’s risk parameters and compliance code including conducting due diligence of local suppliers,
– Responding in a timely manner to the request for any of the legal documents for other departments,
– Assisting with drafting and negotiation of contracts with Partners and Government,
– Assisting with drafting and negotiation of contracts for supply of goods and services,
– Assisting with interpretation and implementation of hydrocarbon laws,
Who we are looking for
You are a qualified lawyer with a minimum equivalent of five years relevant experience either in a law firm or in an international company in Nigeria (Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction). Able to work in a multicultural environment, self-motivated, performance oriented, you’ll possess fluent verbal and written English language skills.
What’s on offer
Excellent salary + bonus and benefits.
Michael Page Contact
Your application will be sent to Igor Rochette
Reference : QIRO574312