Best Search Recruitment Limited – Our client is a leading solutions provider in telecommunication and agriculture.
Job Title: Commercial Manager (Oil & Gas Sector)
- To manage & direct all aspects of the COMMS BUSINESS UNIT brands, products, services & solutions in order to minimally achieve the Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Sales, Gross Profit, Profit Contribution and Cashflow objectives.
- To devise an implement a distinctive competitive BRAND STRATEGY (under the “Company” corporate name) to secure dominant brand leadership in the Telecoms systems, Security CCTV Surveillance and IT segments.
- To identify prospects and prepare and present sales proposals to target clients mainly in the Oil & Gas sector.
- Ensure the minimum monthly & quarterly sales, profit & cashflow targets as laid down in the Annual Business Plan are consistently delivered and achieved for the COMMS brands.
- Establish and implement approved annual operating strategies, plans & budgets for the COMMS brands.
- Prepare and up-date the approved 3 year Group Strategic Plan implementing same on a timely basis.
- Personally direct and drive new Business Projects within the Oil&Gas segment of the Private Sector, building to a minimum of 15 clients by first half year and 30 clients by end year.
- Develop highly effective relationships with key decision makers across the SECTOR necessary to achieve the Company’s goals & objectives.
- Ensure at all times that the appropriate inventories of fully finished goods are supplied on a timely basis to fulfil client contracts.
- Ensure that goods are sold and supplied in full conformance with the Company’s Policies & Procedures covering sales, payment & credit terms, invoicing, receipt of payments, issue, delivery, and cash handling processes.
- Where appropriate, ensure the BUSINESS UNIT meets fully its obligations to its clients under existing and new installation and or Service Agreements at or exceeding VENDORS (brands) quality standards.
- Through the Financial Controller, ensure that all aspects and operations of the Business Unit are properly, accurately and fully accounted for in full compliance with internal and generally accepted principles of accounting, as verified by the Internal & Statutory Auditors.
- Ensure that the Monthly Management Business Unit Account & Management Report is accurately prepared and submitted to the DIVISION MANAGER not later than 5 working days following the monthly closing date.
- Ensure that any and all pre-approved credit customers comply fully with the Company’s Credit Control Policy. Approval for extended payment terms (credit) shall only be granted jointly by the Financial Controller & Managing Director, DWA. Each Business Unit Manager undertakes responsibility to ensure trade debtors remain current and do not fall overdue.
- Ensure the Company’s BPO & Bid Form Policy & Procedure is fully complied with in respect of the operations of the Business Unit.
- Liase effectively with the Company’s Legal, Logistics, procurement & accounting departments.
- Perform effectively as a “team player” in effective verbal & written communications with management colleagues, as well as across other sister companies within the parent company.
- To ensure proper, accurate and appropriate Management Responses are included in each and every Audit Report covering any and all parts of the Business Unit operations.
- Undertake any other special projects and tasks as directed from time to time by the DIVISION MANAGER, DIVISION HEAD and or MD.
- Proven results oriented numerate Salesman with a strong personal drive and ambition but with the integrity and potential to grow into more senior management positions.
- A minimum of 5-10 years verifiable working experience in corporate sales.
- Progressive sales career almost certainly including successful selling results within the Telecoms and Security Products & Services sector with the demonstrable ability to satisfy the demands of the Job Description.
- A relevant degree from a respected University with very high numerate, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to manage technically oriented products and services.
- An MBA and or Marketing professional qualification would be an added advantage as would fluency in English.
Applicaion Closing Date
21st August, 2014
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should forward their brief Cover Letter and Resume to: [email protected]